Chapter 13 - Demon King

Chapter 13 – Demon King

1 Year Ago In The Demon Realm

‘So warm…  I’ve never felt like this before…’ Naruto snuggled in closer to the soft thing that was keeping him so comfortable.  He sniffed the air. “Tou-san…”

“Good morning kit.  Did you sleep well?” Kyuubi nuzzled the little red fox that was curled beside him.  It was amazing those jaws could go near anything with out tearing into flesh.  But this demons heart had been stolen a long time ago by his little one.

Naruto stretched and yawned.  “Uh huh.”

Kyuubi smiled and licked the top of his head with a large tongue.  Even though he had made himself smaller for his kit, who was little beneath the average size of a fox pup, he was about as big as a small horse.  Naruto gave a yipping laugh and turned over on his belly playfully.  Kyuubi smiled warmly down at him and rolled him over with his nose.

“Come Naru, I wish to show you something.”

Naruto hopped up onto his paws and followed after the great fox.  “What – what?” he grinned.

“My Kingdom.”

Naruto’s eyes widened as they exited the cave.  It had been night fall when they had finely crossed completely into the realm of demons and he had fallen asleep on the way.  This was his fist time seeing the world.

The sky was red but the sun shown like white hot iron, while any clouds were a shade of orange.  It was mid-afternoon and you could see the life in this world flourishing.  Naruto ran into the fields of dark grass that seemed see-through like crystals.  He chased his tail a few times and turned back to his father with a bark.  Then he spotted a pretty crimson butterfly floating above him.  It wing span was five time’s the size of the kit, but that didn’t stop him from chasing after it until it drifted away.

“Cooool!”

“Indeed.” Kyuubi was next to him now and he jumped.

“Gah-you’re fast Tou-san!”

“Come this way Naruto, I want to show you our shrine.”

The little fox cocked an ear. “Okay – can we race!”  Kyuubi nodded ahead of him and Naruto took off; the Demon Lord actually a time keeping up with him. 

‘If he develops this speed, even I won’t be able to catch him in the future.’ 

Naruto grounded to a halt just out side of a large elaborate shrine; it was more like a small palace if anything.

“Is this it?” he called to Kyuubi who nodded.  “Take a step inside.”

Naruto did as he was told and stood in wonder.  Though there was little light the air seemed to sparkle.  The floor was pure ruby and everything shown like diamonds.  Looking down at himself he saw he had reverted to his human form.  “Huh?”

“In here our forms may change.  You can transform back if you like.”

Naruto pouted as if thinking about it while his little tail twitched.  In the end it seemed he’d decided to stay the way he was.  Throwing his head back he shouted out.  “HEY-ANYBODY HOME!!!” his voice echoed off of the chambers, and he gave a few more shouts for good measure just because it was fun.  Jumping onto a large red throne that was at the end of the room he hopped up and down.