Chapter 16 - I Am a Demon

Chapter 16 – I Am a Demon

“Oto nin’.” The old woman hissed.  “What do you want here?”

“Just to bring your little group back home with us Baa-chan.  Ya’ see, the Otokage’s got some special experiences – or maybe I should say experiments - in mind for you.”

Naruto hissed as a kunai flashed past him.  The old woman snatched it out of the air.  “Really?  You can send him my regards since we’ll not be able to make it.”

“Oh, I’m sure you’ll find the time.  So just come quietly like the rest of your clan and we’ll let you live – with out broken bones!”

Naruto was shaking now… these people – they were dangerous, he could taste it on the air.  Nightmares passed through his mind as he backed away.  He didn’t want to be scorned at; he didn’t want them to get close enough to hurt him.

The old woman had set herself in a fighting stance, while put her body between the enemy ninja and the children.

One of them snorted, “Think you can fight us all grandma?”

“Age means little when it comes to knowledge brat.  To me you are nothing more then a babe just finishing to sucker.”  She brought her hands up and performed a hand seal.  “Ninpo Undine Chēn no Jutsu!” (Water Nymph Chain Jutsu)

The air around them dampened as particles of water formed in front of the old woman. Soon the form of a beautiful young girl stood before the attackers.  She was completely made out of water.  The older woman moved her hands swiftly, and the creature skated through the air in a clear blue rush.  Water separated from its self, and rapped around the ninja it could catch.

“Err – this bag of wrinkles isn’t playing around Hurumi –“

The first attacking ninja snarled.  Yeah he knew, and it was about time they put her in her place.

“Yuri, you’re a water style type – show her what it’s like to have ones own technique turned against them!”

One of the females on there team nodded, and touched a mark on her hand.  The others watched as it began to spread across her body like ripples of liquid. 

Naruto hissed, what was that stuff crawling on her skin?  It didn’t smell normal and it felt… evil.  He took another step back sensing similar feelings from the others.  ‘There all tainted with something, and smell like snake.’

“Huh, go ahead little one.  Let’s see how this fight plays out.”

The young woman just gave the most blood cold smile Naruto had ever seen.  “Very well…  Water Possession Jutsu!”

It wasn’t a moment later that the water binding her allies was gone, and forming around her.  “And now Suiryūdan no Jutsu!” (Water Dragon Bullet)

Five different water serpents shot after the little group.  In a blur of movement something had grabbed Naruto around the waist, and they were flying backward.  After hitting something with a jolt he struggled to break free from the arms holding him.  They went limp almost instantly.

“Granny!”

 Naruto rolled over from the place he’d fallen on the ground; he could smell blood.  Above him sat the old woman.  Her head had been cracked against the tree, while her body protected Naruto and Metsure from the oncoming attack.  Metsure was crying.

“Shuuhh, it’s alright dear…” the elder tried to stand but could barely move.  Her body shook with pain and adrenalin.

“W-why?” Naruto asked her after she’d turned to lean against the tree.  She just smiled as a trail of blood left her mouth.  Naruto was confused.  Why had this human sacrificed herself for him?