Chapter 1 | The Formation

Read the Introduction to the Characters so you know what's going on!

"All over the world, the disappearances of four people have struck the hearts of millions of people. Everybody is wondering; 'Where did they go and why?' They are on the news, on YouTube, Facebook, and many other social media applications. Looks like the family of Shawn Beron has something to say!"

"That poor Shawn, he was a good boy. If you are hearing this, Shawn, please come back!" cries Cleona Beron, the mother of Shawn Beron.

"That really was a heartwarming speech. Anyways, people say that according to legends, they have turned into shapeshifters."

The camera zooms in on the Book of Shifty Legends.

"Well, this is all I have to say. Goodbye, and have a great day!" says the reporter for Locks News, John Clermonte.

Meanwhile, something is happening on an uncharted island in Northern Canada.

Alyssa turns back into her human form.

"I feel different. I feel weird, yet I also feel totally normal. What is this feeling I'm experiencing? It's like I was always a sea animal, never a human." Alyssa thinks.

In the distance, a Brachiosaurus wearing a jacket on it's head comes out of nowhere.

"It's one of those weird creatures that live here in the Arctic. Wait.. that's weird. A jacket on it's head?" thinks Alyssa.

The Brachiosaurus comes closer, and turns back into human. It seems to be another shapeshifter!

"He-hello?" says the mysterious shapeshifter.

"Uhh, who are you?" asks Alyssa, looking at him from his feet to his head.

"I'm Kole, who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm Alyssa."

They shake hands.

"Let me get this right, you just turned into a whatever you call it saurus?" asks Alyssa.

"It's a Brachiosaurus, and it might seem crazy, but I sniffed a bunch of words out of a book and I suddenly had the power to shapeshift." replies Kole.

"What I'm going to say is equally crazy. I breathed in some water, and I ended up here, as a dolphin!" says Alyssa.

"We need shelter. We cannot survive in this area, it's literally freezing!" says Kole.

Suddenly, a whip whip sound is heard in the air. A gun falls out of the sky and it seems to be shapeshifting. The gun then turns into a human.

"Another shapeshifter!" screams Kole.

"Hey, kids. I just turned into a gun, and what are you guys doing here?" asks the mysterious shapeshifter.

Alyssa and Kole looks at each other, and says in unison;

"We are shapeshifters too!"

"Oh, glad to see some people who are like me. I'm Raleigh."

"Nice to meet you Raleigh, but we are currently lookin for shelte-" says Kole.

A Fortnite skin jumps out of the bushes holding a pickaxe in his hands.

"More shapeshifters, huh? I could see it in your eyes." says the mysterious guy, slowly turning back into human.

"Uh, who are you, and how can you tell that we're shapeshifters by looking at our eyes?" asks Alyssa.

"I'm Shawn, a guy who's obsessed with videogames and for your second question, it's all in the game Dragonshift XI!"

"You're saying that you can tell if we're shapeshifters by looking at out eyes because of a game?" asks Kole.

"Yeah! If you stare at somebody's eyes and they glow blue, they're a shapeshifter!" says Shawn.

"Anyways, enough of this talk. Let's look for shelter." says Kole.

They walk across a large sheet of snow, looking for resources to build a small house.