Chapter 4 | Wooden Beginnings

The group had just cut down some trees with Kole's sharp teeth and they carved the wood into a few axes, pickaxes, and swords. The rest of the wooden stuff were used to create a small base, and the wooden beams were blinded together by fiber and leaves. The base felt like home, and Raleigh spent most of the time inside.

"Get out and help us finish the base!" Shawn screamed at Raleigh.

"Alright, no need to shout." Raleigh replied.

The base was finished a few hours later and they created a fireplace by rubbing a few sticks together. As the group sat down on their fiber chairs, they were all thinking about what they should call themselves. An argument happened though.

"I think we should be called 'Shapeshifters of the Forest.'" Shawn suggests.

"Nah, how about 'Rainforest Reapers?'" Alyssa says, opposing Shawn's suggestion.

"No, I think 'Reapers of the Rainforest' sounds better." Kole says.

They kept arguing and they didn't realize it was getting dark, and some weird things started to happen. Screeches could be heard in the distance and flapping wings were also heard. A small, crocodile-like creature with about a hundred teeth slowly approached the base as the group was talking.

"I think that Kole is right. Reapers of the Rainforest sounds cool." Shawn says, as he stares at the fireplace.

"Fine." Alyssa says before she sighs.

"Guys, what's that outside?" Raleigh screams as he starts to shiver.

The crocodile thing was getting closer, and it started scratching the base. The group couldn't shapeshift inside the base because if they did, the base would break down. Everybody was panicking as they didn't know what to do.

Shawn ran outside and he turned into a Steve skin from Minecraft, and Raleigh turned into a pixel gun. As Shawn was holding the pixel gun that Raleigh transformed into, Alyssa stayed inside as she couldn't shapeshift into some sea creature because then she would suffocate.

Kole ran outside and he shapeshifted into a Lusotitan, about three times the size of the crocodile thing.

"That thing is called a Sarchosuchus." Kole says in a deep voice.

Kole stomps on the Sarchosuchus, but he gets bitten and he is forced to retreat. The Sarchosuchus heads torwards Shawn and it was about to gobble him up, then suddenly, Raleigh transformed into a machine gun and he shot down the Sarchosuchus.

"Wait, dinosaurs are alive here?" Alyssa asks, as Kole was putting a bandage on his foot.

"Apparently, yes." Kole replies.

The Reapers of the Rainforest create beds so they can sleep. After a long night's sleep, Raleigh wakes up and he takes a stroll around the area. The rest wake up and follow Raleigh. Shawn realises that a mini hospital was needed to heal Kole's wound. Kole was using crutches to walk. Alyssa went fishing by jumping into the sea as a dolphin and gobbling up a few fish before returning to the shore.

Alyssa dropped the fish on the ground.

"Ew, I'm not eating fish that's covered with dolphin saliva." Shawn says in disgust.

Kole then grabs the fish and washes it, before dropping it on the sand.

"Uhh, that's better." Shawn says nervously.

Everybody returns to the base and they cook the fish over the fireplace. After the fish was cooked, everybody ate as much as they could. Alyssa decided that they should return to the city for a short walk, because she was tired of living on a remote island.

"We've only been here for like, two days!" Kole says.

Raleigh shrugs, and he finally agrees with Alyssa's idea. Kole agrees after a thirty minute talk of why they should go to the city. Everybody slept and they took off the next day by riding on a dolphin, which was obviously Alyssa.

"See ya soon, base." Shawn says as he looks back at the island.