If There's Animal, Then Screw People

E

I

D

L

A

N

Hundreds of trees, and there are only two rabbits.

I blinked. Is that really a rabbit? They seem a little strange.

"Well, what did you expect from yourself, Lan? Normality?" I shook my head and completed my business at the forest, "strange... Ha. Strange is normal now."

Yet I couldn't resist that strange feeling in this forest. More strange. I shivered, decided to go back to the beach and washed my hand.

See, I'm a logical person, but sometimes I rely on emotions too. I'm thinking about the orphanage. It always felt like a warm home, but I knew the orphanage wasn't as good as many people thought. Mother is just an old woman who still got paid by the government, and no matter how lovely she is, she's still a human being who has to think realistically about life. Only children who are excel or have special talents will be accommodated, the rest will be given to other orphanages. The cause is, those who are not competent in the end will require more costs. So besides Casya, I'm not sure if there was even one person who was worried about my disappearance.

After all, how many children run away from the orphanage? A LOT, it's not a strange thing.

The sun rises higher. My hands approached the sunlight. I squinted, watching how my skin melted and hurt, "Ha... Guess it won't change."

So I bent my legs and pondered again.

Sometimes I feel like I had seen my parents. Not as a dream, but as a memory. Discussing homework, the lunch menu I wanted, which middle school I will attend, or just joking around.

Ridiculous, I cursed myself for thinking about it.

"I'll read a book," I murmured to myself, "Oh. Man."

I didn't bring a book. I can't believe I didn't bring a book. Except a dull notebook filled with battle possibilities, strategy, coordinate, maps, and... Our information.

I took that book to the beach, read it carefully as if I missed something, when it's clear I'm not, and not gonna be. Again, I'm a genius.

But I can't tell you either. You better read what I have written;

*****

07 June, 21:56

Met a new kid today. Named Alesh. Has several allergies. Peanuts, dust, cold. Respiratory problem. Knowing that I'm different. Could read minds(?) and talk to animals. Always with Jack. He's a squirrel.

09 June, 03:22

The Kenway twins. Part of student organizations. Trouble maker. The youngest always wear gloves. Talked to Mr.Brahman and known that their parents paid them so he could always wear that. They've talked to Jack.

18 June, 20:31

True. The Kenway, named Grier and Vasyl, got close to Alesh. They've known as a trouble maker. Alesh clearly got lots of trouble, she's not as rich nor popular as them.

24 June, 02:25

Can't sleep. All three getting close and I have feelings that there's someone watching us. They'll die tomorrow.

25 June, 18:12

I followed them. True, there's someone wanting their head and Alesh clearly could read minds. She warned them. Vasyl's fast. They got out.