One by One, Much to Less

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

At first the twins thought that was Eidlan's. But no, Eidlan froze with horror in his eyes, while the one who screamed was Has.

"STUPID!" He snapped, "you think what are you doing!"

Eidlan glanced at him, "How dare you...?"

Everyone stopped, they couldn't resist to look at Eidlan. His eyes signalling deep pain, his body flinched and trembling, his hands clenched, he walks forward to Has with sharp jaw, cheeks soaking with tears.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MADE US LIKE THIS!" Eidlan's veins showed for how hard he screamed, "it's because of YOU! You and your stupid scientist and your stupid experiment... RAAARRRGGHH!"

Eidlan jumped to Has. He screamed, making some Scietid tear up for how strident and painful it is. Grier looks at them in disgust. How could they cry? After what they've done? Disgusting. He forced himself to stood back, grabbed his stolen gun to prepared himself.

"TAKE ALESH!" Has commanded, "BRING HER TO MY PLACE!"

"YOU WISH!" He punched him again, "THIS. IS. NOT. EVEN. COMPARED. TO. WHAT. SHE. FELT!"

Eidlan roared, the Scietids back in their business, Grier shot his brother's chain first, then aimed the Scietids who carried Alesh. The Scietids fell, dropping Alesh who also fell and lay helpless. She still not breathing.

"Killing me won't make her alive again!" Has hold the genius's hand, "it was too late!"

Eidlan holds his punch. His shoulder trembled, his pale face as red as a cherry, and of course he couldn't stop himself from sobbing. But Has is true. Alesh's died. There's nothing he could do about it.

"You're right." Eidlan, stood up with a harsh nod, "you're right."

Has also stood up. He didn't fight back. He's confused.

"GRIER! VASYL! LEAVE THAT PERSON! GO GRAB THE FRASHIA! GRIER, SHOOT!"

Eidlan pointing at a room beside them, a room which is filled by various machines and Deer's Frashia. Grier nodded, immediately fired his weapon towards that room's window. Eidlan has less than a second to dodge, while Scietids simultaneously looked down and groaned due to exposure to broken glass. The twins — while running, sheltering, and continuing to attack — followed Eidlan's steps to enter the room.

"Not the Frashia!" Has cried.

They ignored. Eidlan touched the Frashia carefully. His fingers trembled softly, it felt warm and soothing. He could detect someone's health conditions inside this Frashia.

That's it, Eidlan thought, it's all done. No more battle. The blue animals hiding. And... His vision turns blurry, tears stream down again.

...she's gone.

"Now what?" Grier asked, tinkering with his weapon to let out a hum that was holding up Scietids.

Eidlan looks around, "Vasyl, kick that machine with all your might, then hit that machine, that, and that too. Alesh, you and I—"

Eidlan stopped himself. The twins look at each other, each with watery eyes.

"I mean, I will protect this Frashia at any cost."

The twins forced a smile, "Aye-aye captain!"

Grier pressed the button on his weapon with all his might until the weapon let out a louder hum. The Scietids twitched, they closed their ears and squealed. Grier lowered the gun's dose slightly, giving Scietids a respite so that they could only feel a little pain. Only Has seemed to be less affected, he crept slowly towards them with a sharp look.