Trouble Sleeping

Chapter 5

Only Marco, Thatch, and Sabo were home when Law walked you up to the door, following behind as you walked meekly into the big white house. The boys were all sitting around the kitchen table, sharing a few beers and laughing at something one of them had said.

All of three turned to greet you when they heard the door close shut, the joy in each of their faces warping into confusion as they spotted your hooded figure and a somber-looking Law behind him.

You had begun to speak, the words almost out of your mouth, but as soon as you saw the concerned look on their faces you just broke down crying. The events of the night finally taking their toll. All you could do was sob as the boys looked on in growing confusion.

Sabo was first to react, rushing towards you and pulling you into a tight hug to soothe your cries. The hood on the borrowed sweatshirt coming off and displaying the multiple facial bruises.

Before anyone could ask, Law stepped forward, clearing his throat. "Kid beat her up during their date and I would give you the reason but there's no reason that warrants that behavior."

"I'll kill him," Thatch growled, standing up as if he meant to actually leave the house and do just that.

Marco nudged him, shaking his head. "That isn't going to help yoi," he added before walking over to you and Sabo, moving Sabo aside slightly to get a better look at the bruises on your face. "Do you have any more?"

"Down her right side, she's not seriously injured but she's going to be bruised up for a while," Law answered for you, to which Marco nodded.

The older blonde ran a soothing hand through your hair and offered you a smile. "I'll go get some meds for the pain and swelling yoi."

"Thank you for bringing her home, Law," Sabo gave the male a weak smile. "I'm going to take [y/n] upstairs so she can take a shower and get some sleep," he announced before leading you upstairs.

After another few minutes of crying into Sabo's chest, you finally felt good enough to let go of him and stumble your way into the bathroom to take a shower. You took your time in there, trying to wash away the events of the night. Though, you were happy that you at least stood up to the bully, even if it meant you had to sport some massive bruises for a couple of weeks.

When you exited the bathroom, you heard some hushed voices coming from downstairs, but you didn't have the energy to try and figure out what they were talking about. Instead, you wandered into your room and put on a fresh pair of underwear and a baggy shirt before slipping into bed and trying to get some sleep.

By two in the morning, you realized your attempts at sleep were futile and you decided to go to the only place you could think of. In your scant amount of clothes, you got yourself out of bed and stumbled out of your room.

Heading down the hall with determination, you soon found yourself in front of Marco's door. You knew you shouldn't have come here, you knew it went against what he had told you at the bar last week, but you didn't care. After the night you had you definitely deserved a little time with Marco.

You knocked on the door, hearing a few groans from the inside and some shuffling before a very tired Marco opened the door, only dressed in a pair of purple striped underwear. His eyes widened as you looked up at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Is everything okay yoi?" Marco murmured, grunting when you dove into him. You wrapped your arms tightly around him, pressing your face into his chest as he wrapped his own arms around you. "I'm going to take that as a no..."

"Can I sleep with you?" You looked up at him, a sense of security already enveloping you as he nodded his head.

"Course you can yoi," Marco murmured as he let you go, taking your hand and guiding you inside his room.

You let him get into bed first, diving in when he held up the covers to make a spot for you. Marco didn't have a second to adjust before you pressed your face against his chest again, relishing in his warmth.

The blonde chuckled, wrapping his arms around you, making sure he was holding you tightly against his chest. "Feel better yoi?" He asked as he pressed his lips against the top of your head.

You let out a hum of contentment in response. "Thank you for this...I'm sorry I'm causing so much trouble."

"Don't be an idiot yoi. You aren't causing anyone any trouble, you never do," Marco grumbled, resting his chin on the top of your head. "If anything, I should be apologizing to you yoi..."

You furrowed your brow in confusion, but kept your head in its present location, not wanting to leave Marco's warmth for even a second. "Marco, what do you have to apologize for?"

"I was the only one that told you to go on a date with Kid, the others kept trying to convince you not to go. I had my own reasons for wanting you to go, I was being selfish and you paid for it yoi..." Marco sighed, loosening his grip on you.

In response you held onto him tighter, shaking your head vigorously. "I would have gone even if you told me not to, I was trying to prove a point. Plus, you can't blame yourself for Kid's stupid actions."

"W-what do you mean you were trying to prove a point yoi?" Marco questioned, stammering slightly.

"Look, let's not talk about it anymore..." you murmured, finally lifting your head up to look at him. "You have nothing to apologize for and that's that."

"Okay..." Marco frowned as he looked down at you. "Man, those bruises are pretty bad yoi."

Now it was your turn to frown, looking back down ad pressing your face against his chest again to hide it. "Shut up! I just told you I didn't want to talk about it anymore!"

"You know when Pops sees those he's going to have some questions yoi," Marco informed you. Well, no fuck Marco I'm covered in bruises...FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT POPS.

"Fuck..." You hissed, letting out a gigantic groan. "If Pops finds out about this he is actually going to murder Kid!"

"I mean, I'd kinda like to kill him myself yoi..." Marco commented, making your eyes dart up to him again.

"Marco! You're a high school teacher, you can't kill someone!" You exclaimed, simply gaining a chuckle from the older male who ran a hand through your hair.

"What yoi? And Pops can?" Marco smiled when your face formed into its famous pout. "Ah, there's the [y/n] I know and love~!" He cooed, smiling even more when he noticed how red your cheeks got.

"Shut up..." You grumbled, trying your hardest to hold back the smile that was pulling at edges of your lips. "I'm just saying, Pops is an important person in town and probably could get away with murdering someone more than a high school teacher could."

"I see your point yoi," Marco chuckled again, continuing to run his hand through your hair. "I don't think any of us will actually be murdering someone though yoi."

"Yeah, yeah...I hope not at least. I don't want any of you to get in trouble," You yawned, cuddling against Marco and closing your eyes as you started to feel sleep finally overcome you.

"I promise I won't, at least..." Marco smiled, closing his eyes himself.