Running Errands Part 2

Chapter 7

If your anxiety wasn't high before, it had now skyrocketed as you turned to face the girl Marco had been talking to. You still couldn't remember her name, and you weren't going to stay to find out. Before Marco could even open his mouth, you had started walking away, pulling the baseball cap further down to hide more of your face.

"Uh hi....[y/n], hold up a sec yoi," Marco hastily remarked, blocking your path with the cart.

"Who are you?" Luffy demanded, looking at the girl with a frown, crossing his arms and stepping in front of you protectively. The boy could probably sense your negative reaction to her appearance.

"She's just a friend yoi," Marco blurted out, causing the girl to raise a brow as she looked at him.

"Well, I don't like her," Luffy stuck out his tongue at her.

You couldn't help but chuckle, gaining yourself a look of disapproval from Marco.

"Luffy you can't say stuff like that!" Ace half-heartedly scolded his younger brother all the while trying to hold back a chuckle himself.

"I think I'm going to go..." the girl announced, drawing everyone's attention back to her. "I can tell when I'm not wanted."

"Look yoi, I'm sorry about—" Marco started but was cut off when she held up a hand.

"Save it, just call me if you're ever done with this circus," She motioned to you, Luffy, and Ace before turning on her heel and heading down a different aisle.

You were still glaring at the direction she left when you noticed Marco take his phone out of his pocket.

"What are you doing?" Ace asked, turning his head at the same time you did.

"Deleting her contact...I don't need to be friends with someone who insults the people I care about yoi," Marco shrugged, furrowing his brow at the look of intense joy you gave him.

"I'm hunggrrryyyy!" Luffy loudly exclaimed.

"We aren't done shopping yet yoi, just wait!" Marco groaned, shaking his head as he finally started to push the cart again.

"Hey grumpy pineapple, I'm hungry too~!" You whined, grabbing onto his arm again and looking up at him with your best puppy-dog eyes.

"I-I..." Marco stammered, his cheeks glowing slightly. "D-don't call me that yoi."

"So like, is that a no to food? Cause I'm also really hungry..." Ace admitted, smiling sheepishly at his older brother.

Marco took another glance down at you before sighing for the hundredth time that day. "We can get food after we finish up at this store, I guess yoi."

"The pineapple has conceded!" Ace cheered, gaining him a smack on the back of the head from Marco.

"If we keep calling him that I don't think we'll ever eat again," you joked, nudging Marco who again started moving the cart.

"How come [y/n] didn't get a smack on the back of her head?" Ace grumbled, rubbing the spot gingerly as he pouted.

"Because it's kinda cute when she says it yoi," Marco admitted, shrugging his shoulders.

Blushing profusely, you hid your face against Marco's arm, but that didn't stop Luffy and Ace from knowingly letting out a snicker. "Let's just get out of here already," you groaned trying to force Marco forward again.

"Okay, okay yoi," Marco conceded as he turned the corner, grabbing one last thing before heading for the checkout. The poor male just wanted to get some shopping done for Pops but we had to come along and make it a hundred times more difficult.

After a long lunch, you were finally back in the car with Marco and the goons, sitting in the front seat and hugging the pineapple pillow Marco had bought you close. You were lucky enough to get the passenger seat but were starting to think it was a bad idea because Ace and Luffy were wrestling in the back and you could see Marco clutching the steering wheel harder as he got visibly more and more distressed.

"Uh guys, can you maybe not?" You suggested as you looked back at them. "You're gonna make us get in an accident."

"But Luffy ate like all of my fries!" Ace exclaimed, glaring at Luffy as he held his struggling brother in a headlock.

"You can eat more at home! Honestly, it's your fault for not protecting your food better, you know how Luffy is," You shrugged, frowning when Ace turned his glare on you.

"Hey! It's not my fault that I have narcolepsy and fell asleep!" Ace countered, instantly making you feel bad at having momentarily forgotten that fact about the freckled boy.

"Okay true..." You mumbled, turning back around and offering Marco an apologetic look. "Sorry, I messed up my attempt at trying to get them to stop."

"It's not your fault, you don't have to apologize yoi," Marco gave you a strained smile. "We'll be home in a moment anyway."

Sure enough, only a couple minutes later you pulled into the driveway of the familiar house and both of the goons continued their fight outside as you and Marco made your way into the house.

"I need a drink yoi..." Marco murmured as he made his way into the kitchen.

Instead of following him, you made your way upstairs and wandered into Sabo's room. He was sitting at his desk working on something and didn't notice you sit down on his bed.

"Are you going out with Koala tonight?" You asked, chuckling a bit when he jumped, turning to look at you with wide eyes.

"[Y-y/n], I didn't even notice you come in!" Sabo exclaimed, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "And to answer your question, no not tonight. She's out of town visiting some friends."

"Oh good! Do you want to go get a drink with me?" You questioned, hugging the pineapple pillow close again.

"That sounds great," Sabo gave you a warm smile. "I feel like we haven't hung out since you got back anyway."

"We haven't, and I wanted to thank you for taking care of me last night," You added, reaching out for his hand.

"You don't have to thank me for that, that's what family is for," Sabo shook his head, holding onto your hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Should we invite the others?"

"Luffy and Ace will already be there working I think, and I'm sure Marco and Thatch are already planning on going for a drink."

"Then if we meet them there we meet them there," Sabo nodded, getting up from his seat. "Cute pillow, did Marco get that for you?" He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"You're as bad as Ace!" You groaned.