𝑰.

˖⋆࿐໋₊

„And that's it! Thank you so much! Big thanks to Mai! You did great. These photos are beautiful." The deputy chief editor from Vogue magazine called happily. "I'm very happy with you. This is going to be amazing!"

"Thank you for giving me the job! It was so much fun!" Mai smiled widely, happy as well.                                                  
It was her last modeling job before going back to her hometown Shanghai. One year ago, she decided to take a break from Uni to concentrate on modeling, which she did since her last year in High school.                           
In this year, Mai travelled all over the world. From Paris over Los Angeles and Sydney to Berlin, where she now was. Every time she traveled to a new city, it was very exciting for Mai. She loved exploring new places and cultures, enjoying the nature and meeting new people.                                                            

After getting out of the dress, she wore for the last photos, she changed into her comfy clothes that she already picked out this morning. A black sweater, leggings and her white plateau boots. After removing the makeup, Mai took her luggage. She said goodbye to everybody from the team and started making her way towards the exit of the studio. Going through the door, Mai texted her manager, telling her she was ready and on her way to the airport. She opened the door, and kindly asked the taxi driver, if this taxi was for her. The older man put down his magazine, looked at her, smiling kindly and confirmed her question. After helping her with her suitcase, both of them got into the taxi.
"To the airport, please." Mai said kindly. When the driver started the car, Bob Marley sounded from the radio. He immediately began to sing to the music, which lead to Mai grinning widely at him from the back seat. She loved it when people showed off so obviously, that they enjoyed their life.
Mai turned her head to the right, looking out of the window taking in the atmosphere of Berlin one last time. People rushing over the streets and through their hectic lifes, musicians standing at the side of the road, joyfully singing their heart out, and on every corner something new to see or hear. Mai knew that she would miss this city. She definitely wanted to came back in the future. But if she was being honest, she had this feeling every time when leaving a city.                                                                              
But she was still excited to get back home and see everyone again. The last time she saw her family and friends was a long time ago. Although she wouldn't see much of her family, when she arrived. The only one living at home in Shanghai was her twin brother Si. Since their father died, their mother worked a lot and lived since then in London together with their older sister Zhuang. When she was in London for a couple of weeks, she only met her older sister. Her mother always came up with the excuse she was busy with work. So Mai only saw her mom for maybe 10 minutes when she visited her in her office.             
When the taxi driver dropped her off at the airport, she thanked him, handing over a little tip and said goodbye. After checking in and dropping off her suitcase, Mai got herself a coffee with oat milk and sat down, her airpods in her ears playing music.                                                                          
Waiting for the announcement that she could enter the plane, Mai's phone suddenly began to ring in her hands. It was a video call from her brother.

"Si! What's up?"

"Hey Mai! Where are you? Are you already in the plane?" He looked somewhat excited, which wasn't very typical for him, she had to admit. However, excited in his own way. It was a mix between happiness and his normal 'Si being Si'-mood, which Mai could never really describe to others, as his normal expression would be him showing off his poker face.

She rolled her eyes playfully and laughed: "Can you not tell from the background? I'm still in the waiting area. But..."

"The plane to Shanghai is now ready to start. We ask all passengers taking this flight to go to gate A3 and get onto the plane. We will take of shortly."