𝑽𝑰.

˖⋆࿐໋₊

Today being the day, where Mai had only one class, she had a lot of time

Today being the day, where Mai had only one class, she had a lot of time. Because of her, almost never being in the mood to sit inside, she decided to learn outside and at the same time watch the other students doing their stuff. Mai found it inspiring to watch other people. Sometimes she would just go for a walk, sit down somewhere and watch people in their hectic everyday life. It was interesting to Mai to see all these different types of human from all over the world, with their diverse clothing styles and different cultures. That is also why she enjoyed it so much to live in big cities like Shanghai. In big cities, people usually tend to be more confident with themselves.

Now Mai sat on a bench with her books, students walking by and her brother playing basketball with a couple of others, on the other side of the sidewalk. Everytime Si got the ball in, all the girls sitting around the field, and there were many girls, cheered and sighed, as if Si was the king. And Mai being his sister, she knew perfectly well, that her brother with his big ego enjoyed it. Even if he wouldn't show it on the outside.

Trying to ignore the cheering girls, she deep inside had to roll her eyes over, Mai enjoyed the sun shining directly on the bench she was sitting on. When she looked up, she saw Shan Cai to her right a bit further away from her. A girl, Mai had never seen before, waved her over, holding her phone out to Shan Cai.

After a short moment of them talking to each other, Shan Cai grabbed the phone and held it up. The unknown girl walked closer to the basketball field, posing in front of her phone and walking around a bit as well. Mai rolled her eyes. This time visible to everyone, who looked at her in that moment. Shan Cai had to record a video of that girl and Mai's unbelievably attractive brother Si.

Then Si noticed both of the girls as well, stopping in his actions and walking over to them. When the unknown girl saw him walking over to them, she held out a bottle to Si, looking  very excited. Not even looking at her, he passed her, taking the bottle out of her Hand at the same time. However, he didn't stop. Si went ahead, stopping right in front of Shan Cai, who now held the phone camera right into his face. Si took a sip out of the bottle, bend down and looked at Shan Cai.

"Are you filming me?" Mai could hear what he said, because of him always talking with such a 'loud' engaging voice.

"Who is filming you?" Shan Cai replied, pretending as if she didn't know, what he meant.

Si didn't reply. He just grabbed the phone out of her Hands, taking it from her and Walking away. Right into Mai's direction, who still sat on her bench, enjoying the sun and taking in the whole situation from afar.

"What are you doing?" Shan Cai shouted after him. The unknown girl, dumbly stood in front of her, opening her mouth and shortly closing it afterwards again. Mai giggled to herself. This situation was kind of hilarious to her. The unknown girl was one of the few girls, that had brought up their courage, to get Si's attention. But Si's attention was only focused on Shan Cai.

"Bye bye!" Si didn't turn around another time. He just waved with the phone behind his head, still walking over to Mai. Arriving in front of her, he held to phone out for her to grab it. "Here. Take that."

Right after her taking the phone and putting it beside her, Si ran over to the field and started playing again. Mai looked down at her books again, trying to focus on the text, when another giggle escaped her mouth.

"What are you laughing about?" A shadow stepped in front of her, stopping the sun from shining onto Mai and letting the pleasant warmth, coming from it, disappear. When she looked up, she saw Lei standing there, his violin in one hand, a book in the other.

"Si and Shan Cai. It probably isn't that funny when I tell you. You should have seen it. Shan Cai was told to film a video of Si and a girl, who wanted to get his attention. But he only focused on Shan Cai and they argued again." Mai laughed at him.

Lei looked at her in amusement, letting out a small chuckle as well. He enjoyed seeing Mai laugh. "Can I join you?" He pointed to the place next to her. Mai nodded. When Lei sat down and opened his book, beginning to read, the unknown girl from earlier came running over, stopping right in front of them. For a moment, she just looked at them. Her eyes wandering from Mai to Lei and back. Mai was the only one of them looking back at her. Lei just sat right beside her, reading his book, with his arm touching hers.

"Can I have my phone back, please?" The girl asked. She looked like she wanted to ask something else. Something regarding to Mai and Lei. But she didn't.

Mai smiled kindly at her. "Of course. Here you go." She grabbed the phone, laying on top of her books to her left, handing it over to her.

"Thank you. Bye bye." With that, the girl ran off.

"Bye bye." Mai replied. But the girl didn't hear it anymore.

Mai looked another time at Lei, who hadn't moved away from her a little bit, still touching her arm with his. She took in his features from the side. He looked so peaceful, being deeply sunken into his book. Mai looked down at her own book again, smiling to herself.

Then both of them sitting there, reading and enjoying each others company and the sun.

˖⋆࿐໋₊