𝑽𝑰𝑰.

˖⋆࿐໋₊

"Mai... We have to talk." Walking over the campus, drinking her iced coffee and checking her phone, Lei walked up to her. He took her hand, her long fingers intertwining with his, and pulled her carefully behind him. His face didn't show any expression, nor anything else from which she could conclude from what he wanted. A bit more offside from all the students, Lei suddenly stopped. He let go of her hand, a couple of minutes after just standing in front of Mai and looking in her eyes. Mai returned his stare, searching for something in his eyes, that would tell her what is wrong. But she wasn't able to read anything out of his expression.

"What's up? What is so important?" Mai asked curious, raising her eyebrows a bit. She brushed her hair behind her ears and straightened her black leather backpack on her shoulders.

"It's about Si. Yesterday he ordered food from Shan Cai's family buisness. A lot of food. Shan Cai was the one to deliver it to him. And he wasn't being nice to her. He..."

"What did he do?" Mai asked concerned. She didn't suspect anything good.

"He threw some of the food at her. I saw her outside after this happened. And there were two boys, who distressed her." Lei ended, now looking at her a bit concerned. He waited for her reaction. His eyes wandered over her face, taking in every feature of her and waiting for a change in her expression. From her eyes, he could get lost in, to her light rose lips.

Mai starred down onto the floor, deeply sunken in her thoughts. She didn't know what to do or what to say. Her feelings went crazy, her heartbeat sped up. This time it was too much for her, to keep calm. At first she felt sad, sorry for the younger girl. But then there was anger slowly coming it's way up. Si was such an idiot. Yes, he was her brother. However, this was it. He crossed her limit. And this time she wouldn't hold her anger back. Even if she wouldn't get as angry as most other people would. When Mai was angry it was more like a small flame burning on the top of a match, instead of a fire that destroyed everything coming in its way. So she maybe wouldn't get as loud or aggressive, but her advantage when becoming angry was the surprise effect. Which resulted in the same feelings inside the other one, as if she would get angry at them like the world would die.

"Mai?" Lei looked at her, searching for her attention. "Mai!" He slowly reached out to carefully take her hand. But she turned away, only pressing her coffee jar into his outstretched hand. Then storming away, into the direction they just came from. Si's direction. Lei didn't know what to do. He hadn't seen Mai like this very often. Obviously, he had seen her in situations like that before, from time to time. However, it was so rare seeing her in this state, that he still didn't know what to do, when it happened, to calm her. For a couple of seconds, he just stood there, not able to move, looking after Mai, who speed-walked her way back to Si. When he realized what was happening, he ran after her, Mai's empty coffee jar still in the grip of his left hand.

When Mai reached her twin brother, she roughly grabbed his shoulder, turning him around. Breathing heavily, she reached out with her hand, hitting him hard in the middle of his stomach. Si immediately began to cringe, what resulted in Mai being satisfied. A bit. She was clueless as to why she was so angry at him because of this. Especially because she was normally so calm, even in situations like this. But today she couldn't handle it.

"What was that for?" Si shouted at her, still cringing over the pain. Mei Zuo and Xi Men standing beside him, looking at Mai with big eyes, not having a clue what was going on or what to do. Lei now arrived behind Mai. At first, he stopped in his tracks, tacking in the situation happening in front of him. Then he took a step forward, grabbed Mai softly by her waist and slowly pulled her a bit away from Si. Careful not to hurt her.

"You... You are so unthankful! I told you so many times! You have to change! But have you listened to me? Have you listened one damn time? No! You didn't! You are such an idiot! What is wrong with you?" She called out emphatically. Mai tried to free herself from Lei's arms. However, he had slung his arms so strongly around her small waist, not letting go of her, that she couldn't escape. So after a couple of attempts she gave up.

Mai tried to calm herself a bit. "You have seen what can happen. You saw with your own damn eyes, what happened to me back then. All the pain and anxiety. And I told you that your bad behaviour could hurt people and result in the same thing. But what have you done? Nothing. You don't care at all about other people's feelings, besides the people you love. You are so selfish and dumb. You are a fool."

She looked at her brother intensively. Not winking at all. Lei pulled her back a bit further, her back now touching his chest. Mai closed her eyes, trying to calm herself. She focused on Leis breath that she could feel in her neck. Somehow, it made her relax a bit more. She knew what just happened to her. And to be honest, she wasn't proud of it at all. She wasn't one to become angry. Mai was the one that always calmed the others down, not being in the need to be calmed down. She knew that the people passing by, stopped and starred at the situation that just happened. Luckily it weren't that much. But in that moment, for one time, Mai didn't care about her angry behaviour. Although she didn't wanted it to happen another time.
She still looked at everyone standing around them, feeling lost. Her eyes showed of every single one of her feelings. She was an open book. Free for everyone to read her.

"Dao Ming Si!" Someone called out. Hearing her brother's name, Mai looked up. Her eyes wandered over to the direction the female voice just came from. It was Shan Cai. She stood a bit further away from them, looking straight ahead. Directly at Mai's brother. Si, now looking at Shan Cai as well, didn't change his expression at all. His face showing of his every day pokerface. As always.

The younger girl dropped her bag next to her to the ground and began to run up to him. Not stopping in her actions, she suddenly jumped up, landing a perfect flying side kick into Si's face. Mai's eyes grew big. Lei, Xi Men and Mei Zuo following her example. Mai couldn't believe what she just saw. She pinched herself inconspicuous in her arm to see if this was reality. In the end, coming to the conclusion that it really happened.
Shan Cai stood up to Si. Thinking about what just happened, Mai giggled. He deserved it. He deserved it so much.

She turned around a bit and looked at Lei, who had still carefully slung his arm around her small waist. He  looked down at her as well. Becoming aware of the position he was in, he slowly let go of her. Mai let go of his hand as well, that she must have taken somewhere in this complete mess of a moment. She stepped aside, grabbing her backpack from the ground that she put down earlier. She straightened her tight black ruched dress, which was placed perfectly around her skinny figure.

Looking one last time at Lei, who looked at her as well, she went inside.
He was still standing at the same place, not having moved a tiny bit, still holding Mai's coffee jar in his left hand.

˖⋆࿐໋₊