Too Many Friends To Count

"Ah! Hey guys!" Reno opened his door wider to greet his friends.

"Hey Reno!" They all greeted back in sync, you slowly said hello in a shy tone. There was a slight pause because in hearing a female's voice, Reno's face scrunched up. He stood on his tippy toes to see you behind the boys standing next to Astro, looking slightly uncomfortable. Reno gasped and shoved the three boys to the side to get a good look at you.

"A girl!" Reno concluded.

"Uhm... Reno? You're a bit close." Astro stepped in front of you and waved his hand in Reno's face to try and pry his eyes away from you. Reno's surprised expression turned into a pained one upon how Astro stood up for you.

"Damn it..!" Reno clenched his fists. "I can't believe Astro got a girlfriend before me..!" He gritted out as he scrunched his face up in utter defeat.

"Huh?" You shook your head, but before you could explain yourself, Astro did it for you.

"Reno, she isn't my girlfriend." Astro corrected his friend as he calmly petted the tall brunette's shoulder.

"Oh ho?" Reno turned around, "Oh really?" He grinned. "So you're single?" He peaked around Astro's shoulder.

"Uhm... Well... I guess so.." You leaned back as Reno leaned over Astro towards you.

"Reno!" Astro pushed him back. "Come on, let's see your new machine." He prompted and sighed with a shake of his head while Reno eagerly pulled you inside.

~~~

"So what exactly does it do?" Abercrombie asked, watching Reno pull a leaver that was connected to a large metal cylinder-like object.

"It changes the atoms and particles of robots and arranges them into whatever I want them to be!" He explained as he proudly puffed up his chest.

"Cool!" You explained with a smile, looking at a small screen that had code spread across it.

"So it's kinda like recycling?" Alejo confirmed as he also streamed his eyes across the code.

"More or less." Reno shrugged and nodded.

"Tried it on anything yet?" Kennedy wondered and looked at a big cylinder tank that was connected to an old car battery.

"Nah." Reno shook his head. "It's nowhere near ready." He walked up to the main computer and typed in another line of code as you and Alejo watched with a great amount of interest. "Right now I'm focusing on changing female robots to male and vice-versa." He turned away from the computer and moved to Kennedy who was staring at the abnormally large glass tank.

"And what's this for?" Kenedy tapped on the glass.

"That's the place the robots will sit while the machine is doing its thing." Reno pointed up to a thick black cord connecting the car battery to the computer and glass tank. "And this connects everything. But I'm trying to make it wireless." Reno looked back at Kennedy who was peaking inside the cylinder tank. "You can take a look inside if you want, the machine is shut off." Kennedy grinned at Reno and stepped inside.

You heard Reno's comment and also wanted to take a look inside. Kennedy had just stepped out so you took the time to look inside without getting in anyone's way.

As the others searched around the lab to look at interesting things, Abercrombie was walking around with his hands behind his back. As he looked over the interesting tools, his foot got caught on the main cable and he fell face-first onto the computer.

Copper Heart // Astro Boy x Reader // 愛してるजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें