Tested Trust

Destroying the almighty codex... was this really happening? After all those quests in trying to assemble the codex, Nova Terron decides they need to destroy it? That sounded so... outrageous!

While the Mysticons expressed their disagreements with Nova and company, Zorlon just stayed silent. Never before had he been so conflicted on any manner. On the one hand, he assured Arkayna that whatever happened, her parent's would be saved. He wanted so badly to say something on her behalf.

On the other hand, his duties to the academy were clear, to say nothing that if the codex wasn't destroyed, Necrafa herself would be freed and wreak havoc once more. He had no idea what to do.

"Zorlon, please do something!" Arkayna said to Zorlon, in a panicked tone. "We can't let them do this!"

There was dead silence among the group. They were waiting for their solon to say something for about a minute. Arkayna was particularly waiting in anticipation.

"I'm sorry Arkayna, but Nova's right; the codex must be destroyed." Zorlon finally said, his voice firm,yet with a hint of regret.

Arkayna stepped back from Zorlon a few feet, her expression full of shock. She could hardly believe her ears.

"I can't believe this." Arkayna said, her tone fuming with anger. "After all we've been through, you're taking their side?!"

"Whoa, easy Arkayna." Malvaron intervened, hoping to reach an understanding. "I know you're upset, but think about it. If we destroy the codex, Dreadbane can't use it to free Necrafa."

"It also means we can't free the king and queen, the whole point of assembling the codex in the first place!" Em retorted, not any happier about the decision than Arkayna

Arkayna then turned her attention back to Zorlon, her voice beginning to break. "You promised you'd help me, that we could use the codex to save them. Was all that just a lie to make me feel good?"

"Arkayna please..." Zorlon pleaded.

"I think we've heard enough from you." Zarya added, feeling rather betrayed herself by her Solon "I legitimately thought you were better than the other astromancers, but in the end you're just like Nova Terron, bitter and cold hearted."

That did it. Zorlon slammed his staff on the ground harder than he ever had before; one would almost think the ground quaked a little.

"If that's really what you think...!" Zorlon shouted, trying to think of someway to retort. In the end, he couldn't, for anything he said at this point would be used against him. "Then, there's nothing left to say." He sighed.

With that, Zorlon started on his way, to join the astromancers. He only stopped for a moment to barely turn his head at his students. He then proceeded to walk on.

Malvaron was a bit taken back by that. He had never seen Zorlon shout quite like that before. He then turned his attention to Arkayna, her face full of frustration.

"Arkayna, please listen." Malvaron pleaded

"Just forget it!" Arkayna said harshly, pulling away from the young mage as she began storming off. "I thought we were friends."

Malvaron was trying so hard to be reasonable, trying to council wit the girls. Unfortunately, they were having none of it, walking right past him with scowls. Piper, however, stayed behind to scowl at him even more.

"What?" Malvaron said "As soon as she calms down, she'll see that me and Z-man are right."

Wrong choice of words. Piper gave a small pixie blast in Malvaron's face, with Choko following up with a tail whip. As they walked off Malvaron could only look down on the floor with a somber expression, pondering if destroying the codex is the right choice.