Redemption

The hour had already come. Both the Mysticons and Astromancers were on their way to the crystal archipelago to destroy the almighty codex. Every waking hour was torture for both Malvaron and Zorlon, for tall they could think about was their apparent betrayal to the girls.

Zorlon was especially ashamed. After all, he was their solon, their voice of reason, someone they could always turn to for guidance. The thought of him actually going against them like this made him sick to his stomach. And for what? Some stupid obligation? He didn't even have to look at them to know they were all mad at him, nor did he have the heart to.

"The Codex has been secured." Gandobi informed

"Excellent" Said Nova Terron, just before turning to the girls. "As for you, you will protect the Codex until we arrive at the Crystal Archipelago."

"How 'bout gettin' someone else to do your grunt work?" Zarya flatly said.

"Such arrogance." Nova said just before he and his subordinates moved on to man the rest of the star ship. Zarya's attention then turned to Zorlon,

"What's the matter? Still got nothin' to say, traitor?"

Zorlon didn't respond. Instead, he turned away and stared at the horizon with a sad expression. While Malvaron tried to reason with the girls, all Zorlon could do was stare in deep space; just hearing the word "traitor" from the person who treated him as more than a solon was very hurtful. He could still hear Malvaron failing to council with the girls in the background. Part of him wanted to intervene and reach an understanding, yet what good would it do? It's not like they would've listened to him, all things considered. He then gave a big sigh, for once in a long time, he felt lost. After a little bit, the noise in the background kind of faded away.

That was, untik the abrupt sound of fire crackers filled in the sky. Zorlon whirled his head at the excitement. Before he knew it, the girls made a giant hole in the floor of the ship, and down they went, along with the Codex. He rushed over to the hole, where Malvaron stared in disbelief.

"What happened?!" Zorlon demanded.

"They went rogue!" Malvaron responded.

"Stop them!" Nova shouted. Out of anger, Nova began to levitate Arkayna from the falling platform. "Got you, You insolent Dragon Mage."

"Let go of me!" Arkayna struggled to break free, but Nova's magic was quite powerful.

Z-man, what do we do?" Malvaron inquired, unsure what to do next.

Zorlon kept looking back and forth, from Nova to Arkayna, not sure what to do himself. This was it, time to choose a side.

I'm so fired for this.

Without a second thought Zorlon fired a magic sphere at Nova, causing him to release Arkayna. Seeing her drop like a rock, Malvaron impulsively jumped down in an attempt to save her. Nova then turned his attention to Zorlon, scowling.

"What do you think you're doing?" The old Star master asked sternly.

"For what it's worth, you were right, the Codex must be destroyed." Zorlon replied. "But, not before I keep my promise to save the King and Queen."

"You do realize that by doing this, you're committing high treason to the council!" Nova retorted

"All the more reason to be where I belong." Just like that, Zorlon jumps through the hole, and before he knew it, he landed on the ship of the Pinkskulls, along with the others.

As they flew off, Nova gave a tense stare. "The Stars will not look kindly upon this, Mysticons!" He said coldly.

***