Unhappy Reunion

Tazma thought the humiliation would never end. Not only was she apprehended by her annoying little brother and his bumbling one eyed sidekick, but her prison is a winter wonderland snow globe, complete with Snowman Jeff.

To say that the girls found Tazma's prison to be humorous would be an understatement, as they laughed like hyenas the moment they saw this powerful foe that gave them so much trouble in such a simple trap.

For the love of Gygax, just put me out of my misery.

Poor Tazma, by this point she almost wished Necrafa killed her.

After briefing Malvaron on the success of their previous quest, Arkayna proposed a night out in the town, to which everyone agreed, but not before Malveron places her on the coffee table in the living room. Before heading out with the girls and Doug, Malvaron took one last glance at Tazma and sighed.

"Yo mage boy, you commin' or what?" Called out Zarya.

"Yeah, right behind you." He replied. He could only hope to rehabilitate Tazma during her stay here, though that may be asking too much.

***

What had merely been an hour seemed more like an eternity for Tazma. It wasn't necessarily the solitude that bothered her, it was that she had nothing to do in her prison outside of tossing a few fake snowflakes at the walls, to say nothing of a few failed attempts to escape. Unfortunately for her, her power shrunk along with her, and the globe was reinforced with magic enchantments.

Still though, at the moment she could at least enjoy the peace and quiet. That was, until she heard someone enter the living room. When she turned around, her eyes narrowed a bit.

It just so happened to be Zorlon, having just returned from Drake City General after a long day of healing those who were wounded during the Spectral Dragon's attack.

"Well, well." Tazma said, rather bitterly. "If it isn't my old master. Tell me, are you holding your new students back the way you held me back?"

Zorlon didn't answer. Instead, her just picked a book from the shelf, sat down on the couch and started to read.

"I see, the silent treatment. You don't think I don't know what you're thinking? "You made your choice, you have only yourself to blame." Please, if there's anyone to blame, it's you. I wanted to know more about the magic arts, I wanted to dive deep into my true potential and become the most powerful mage in the entire realm." Tazma then tightened her fists as she continued. "Yet you held me back, just because you feared I could be more powerful than you."

Zorlon still said nothing, turning a page and continuing to read. Tazma then tightened her fist even harder, to the point when it started to hurt.

"Answer me!" In her fit of rage, she fired a beam of dark magic at Zorlon's direction. Needless to say, it failed to penetrate the globe. Tazma then panted quite heavily, for that was a powerful blast for her current size.

Zorlon then shut his book, knowing he couldn't ignore Tazma any longer.

"You're not entirely wrong, Tazma." Zorlon said, in a melancholy tone. "Yes, I alone am to blame. I mainly focused on Malveron to improve on his magic, when I should have dedicated more time to training you too. "And yes, in a sense I did fear you would be."

Zorlon then looked a bit more firm as he continued. "However, it wasn't for the reason you might think. From the moment I met you, I saw such anger and vengefulness. I thought down the road that you might dabble in the dark arts, and if you were to achieve such power while being consumed but evil magic, I feared no one could stop you." He then went back to a low tone. "I suppose I didn't take into account that you would dabble in the dark arts to achieve such power on your own. Especially considering..."

"Considering what? Say it!" Tazma demanded.

Zorlon took a deep breath before answering. "Considering what happened to your parents."

Tazma's voice then began breaking a bit, her hands trembling, but still she retained her enraged demeanor.

"And it took you this long to figure it out?! I was a mere child when they died, young and utterly helpless. Since then, learned a harsh truth, that might makes right, power is the only thing that truly matters. I only joined you and the academy to better myself, but it was never enough!"

Tazma's voice then softened just a little bit. "I just never wanted the feeling of being helpless ever again. I should think that you would understand, having lost your wife and child like the weakling you were." She ended that sentence bitterly.

Zorlon's own fist then tightened; he wanted so badly to retort. Yet, he thought better of it, for all he'd be doing was letting her get to him. He couldn't let her have that satisfaction. Instead, he approached her and placed his hand on the snow globe caringly.

"For what it's worth, Tazma, I'm sorry for your loss all those years ago. I did my best to help you and Malvaron grow. In the end, I failed not only as a teacher, but as a parent... twice."

Zorlon then proceeded to walk out of the living room, deciding to turn in for the night. Before proceeding much further, he turned his head to the imprisoned mini mage.

"Despite what Malvaron says, he never gave up on you, Tazma. And neither will I." With that, he walked away.

Moments after he left, something incredible happened... tears started to leave Tazma's eyes. She tried so hard to contain them, but the harder she fought, the stronger her tears were. Finally, she decided she couldn't hold them in anymore. For the first time since she was a child, she cried uncontrollably, letting all of her bottled up sorrow out. She sank to the floor, and holding her knees close, her tears streamed like waterfalls; she held them back for so long.

In the halls, Zorlon stopped short, hearing Tazma's cries. He wanted to go and comfort her, but he knew that seeing him right now would likely do more harm than good for her wellbeing. With that, he let one tear escape from his own eye, and continued on, as Tazma continued crying through the night.