Zorlon's Struggle

Chaos... destruction... agony... it was all everywhere.

The new spectral dragon finally took its first breath of life, and all it wanted was to destroy all in its path. Only the ruthless lich queen, Necrafa, was able to control it, and she wanted it to do just that.

Everyone had their own assignments; Arkayna and Zarya went to obtain two powerful rings that could potentially change the tide of the battle, Em and Kasey went to recruit Kymraw and her goons, while Piper, the Pinkskulls, and the Astromancers did the best they could to hold off the onslaught.

In the distance, Zorlon saw the spectral dragon wreaking havoc wherever it went, looking horrified by the destruction in its wake. What worried him more, Arkayna and Zarya were still nowhere to be seen. In light of this, he came to a rather drastic conclusion.

I need to buy them more time.

"Z-man?" Malvaron asked, wondering what he was thinking. To his shock, his mentor/foster father darted into the air, charging right for Necrafa. "Zorlon!" The young mage shouted.

One would almost think this was suicide, very few have ever had the courage to face Necrafa, and far less have lived to tell about it, the original Mysticons included. Yet, time was quickly running out, and picking off each and every specter the evil lich sent their way proved fruitless so far.

Necrafa barley turned her head to see the incoming mage, and scoffed.

What a fool.

Zorlon was flying at Necrafa at lightning speed, his staff glowing, decimating any specter that dared get in his way. He was ready to hit her with everything he's got. Alas, all in vain. With but one blood red fire ball, the evil queen sent him flying right back to the ground, like a comet.

"Zorlon!" Shouted Piper, quickly taking notice of the event. She rushed to help him, only to be intercepted by more specters.

Meanwhile, Zorlon was badly hurt, barely able to get on his feet as Queen Necrafa gracefully hovered down, just ten feet away from the fatigued mage.

With his all his strength, Zorlon unleashed a barrage of spell blasts at Necrafa. Yet, the vile lich effortlessly blocked all these blasts with merely her hand. Then, using her staff, she levitated a chunk of the ground, raising high up. Once it was high enough, She sent It hurdling right at the mighty mage.

With quick thinking, Zorlon sent a wave of mystical energy at the giant piece of rubble into a flock of butterflies, which flew gracefully in the sky. Feeling she's indulged long enough, Necrafa then let out a powerful blast of dark red energy to finish him off. Using his own staff, Zorlon made a mystical shield, which was barely holding out against the powerful blast.

"If it's any consolation, you're far more skilled with the mystic arts than I assumed." Necrafa said calmly, as if there wasn't any effort in her attack.

Zorlon didn't answer back, still holding of the blast with all his might. Noticing this, Necrafa added a bit more power to her blast, which was enough to break through the shield and pushed him against a demolished building.

Zorlon panted very heavily. That was everything he had... he was in dire straights. Necrafa approached him slowly, perhaps to deliver the final blow. Zorlon struggled to get on his feet, falling everytime.

"You still persist?" Necrafa said, somewhat amused. "Well, all objects break eventually. I just simply need to see what will break you."

"Wh- what are you-" Zorlon struggled to say just before he was cut off by a mysterious red mist, summoned by Necrafa's staff.