Evil Metamorphosis

The war was over. Necrafa was defeated, the spectral dragon had been slain, Tazma had been imprisoned (in the most humiliating way possible) and the mask that had caused so much death and destruction had been destroyed. Finally, the wondrous realm of Gemina was in complete harmony.

Yet, as all who have been in war would know, peace and tranquillity never lasts.

Back at the astromancer academy, the astromancers were celebrating with a dance party, showing young Malvaron that they're not always so strict or boring. Heck, even Nova Terron was busting some dance moves. With that, both Malvaron and Zorlon got in on the dance party as well.

All was fine and good until an uninvited guest barged right in, blasting a hole right through the Academy. A mysterious figure covered in red energy floated in the chaos.

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" Nova demanded.

"For starters, a little revenge." The mysterious figure said. Once the aura cleared, everyone could hardly believe their eyes.

"Proxima?!" Nova gasped.

Not only was it Proxima, she was wearing the remaining piece of the evil mask which was to be destroyed.

"But, the mask..." Zorlon started. "You said you-"

"Destroyed it?" Proxima said, bitterly. "Never believe what anyone says at face value."

Before anything else could be said, Proxima used her dark magic to snare the Dragon Disk right out of Nova's Hand.

"No, the disk!" Nova Shouted, "You're meddling with forces beyond your control child!"

"Silence, you old goat!" Proxima said, catching everyone off guard. "All you did was feed me lies while I followed you blindly. Now that I have the mask, none of you are in a position to tell me what to do anymore!"

"Proxima please, don't do this!" Malvaron said, hoping to get through.

In an effort to stop Proxima, all the astromancers fires magical blasts at her. Yet, with no effort whatsoever, she stopped the beams in their tracks, forming them into spheres.

"All hail the Spectral Hand!" She shouted, deflecting the magic the them at most of the astromancers. One beam was just about to hit Malvaron until Nova jumped in front of it, much to the young mage's shock.

"Tell... The Mysticons..." the elder mage said with his last breath, just before he was engulfed in dark red smoke. What followed was truly horrifying.

One by one, the astromancers became mindless minions with crimson masks. The newly corrupted Nova Terron then rose, and was just about to apprehend Malvaron.

That was, until Zorlon intervened, firing a bright blue aura at Nova, blasting him back a few feet. The fierce mage them got between Malvaron and the corrupted mages.

"Malvaron, you need to go and warn the girls." Zorlon said firmly. " I'll hold them off for as long as I can."

"No way, Z-man, I'm not leaving you!" Malvaron said, grabbing the older mage's arm

"Don't argue with me, boy!" Zorlon whirled, grabbing his pupil by his shoulders. "Even together we can't beat them. The girls need a solon... they need you."

Malvaron was frozen for a moment. He's known Zorlon ever since he was a little boy.  In fact, he was practically raised by him. The thought of leaving him to his potential doom frightened the young mage to no end. Yet, he knew his mentor was right. The odds were against him, and once again the Mysticons were needed.

Malvaron was immediately brought out of his thoughts as the sound of one of the corrupted mages blasting at him, which Zorlon quickly deflected.

"Go, now!" Zorlon demanded.