Reccount

New York City
2008
Day 18
Over 60% of the population infected

Alex Mercer just consumed the Times Square Blackwatch Commander and unleashed his mass attack on all the Blackwatch troops and vehicles in its range. As soon as he's finished three more rush up to him ready to engage. But then someone flashes by them and cuts off one of the troops arms. He screams in pain but after a few seconds he drops dead. The second one turns around only to have both of his legs hacked off and he meets the same fate the last trooper starts firing randomly until he is stabbed through his back by a Katana. It is removed and he drops dead. And the assassin cleans off her blade. She is dressed in what appears as a Japanese school girls uniform with a few pieces of red samurai armor and a red Katana. She had long flowing black hair and eyes as crimson as the blood that coated the ground around her.

Alex: Not bad, but I had it handled.

???: We Watch each others backs.

Alex: Whatever you say. Akame

Not long later Alex and Akame were on the roof of one of New York City's skyscrapers. Around them was a city in flames and Military and Blackwatch attack copters soared around them destroying anything infected. On the roof they were joined by three other people. One was a woman who wore a black business outfit. She had an patch over her right eye, and a bio mechanical right arm. He had short silver hair and a cigarette in her mouth. Her name was Najenda. The other two were males who were in different military uniforms.
???1

???2

???1: We have less than an hour

???1: We have less than an hour. What's next?

Alex: The last person responsible for all of this died tonight.

???2: If we make it out of here. Do you think you're ready?

Alex: I was made for this.

???2: Then I suggest we go over everything one last time.

Najenda: Agreed. Better to not leave any loose ends.

Alex nodded and he began to recount the events starting 18 days ago.