His Assistant-Chapter 2

Time skip to the return from the expedition

Your POV

I make my way to the Commanders office, not knowing what to expect and give his door a gentle knock.

"Come in."

I made my way in the door and walk towards the Commanders desk. Erwin was reading some paperwork and glanced up to see who he had let in.

"Ah (y/n), please, take a seat"

I sit on the chair across from his desk. Erwin takes a minute to finish reading his paper and sets it down, giving me his undivided attention.

"I know I had spoke to you during the expedition, about being impressed with your performance...As you know, we are running low on squad leaders and I'd like to give you that position.."

I was surprised, I definitely was not expecting to hear that. I opened my mouth to comment but Erwin cuts me off and continues,

"...But, after reading your records, it seems you haven't been in the Survey Corps for that long, in fact, it also seems this may had been your first expedition."

Erwin pauses, allowing me to chime in,

"Yes sir, that's correct"

"Why did you join the Survey Corp (y/n)?" Erwin asks.

"Well.. to be frank Sir, Curiosity got the best of me. I like adventures, the feeling of adrenaline flowing through my veins, to be apart of something bigger and to one day find out the truth of this world."

Erwin became very intrigued, breaking his well known stern face.
"And what do you make of this now?"

"Well Sir, not much has changed. Except the things I wish to unsee and the insomnia I now face." I say honestly.

"You'll learn to cope with it." Erwin adds. We both have a few seconds of silence before he continues,

"I'm sure you know that I can't just hand out a squad leader position to you right away. You'll need more leadership experience, and a little more time under your belt. So I have a proposition for you. I'd like for you to be my personal assistant. Your duties would be to run errands for me and help with paperwork. I will also assign you tasks, like filling in for the other squad leaders during training. Do you think you'd be up for this job?"

I didn't hesitate to give him an answer
"Yes, sir! I accept"

Erwin let out a small grin, causing my heart to flutter, that was the first time I'd had ever seen the Commander smile.

"Very good, You're dismissed. I suggested you take the day to rest, you'll be having a lot of sleepless night"

"That won't be a problem sir." I salute and makes my way out the door.

(Time skip)

Authors POV

Erwin wasn't sure why but he took an interest in you. He saw you as a promising soldier and wanted to see you succeed. It's been over three month since you've been working for him and you did not disappointed him one bit. Thanks to you, Erwin had been able to go to bed at a decent time. You were very quick with the paperwork and organizing.

Erwin went to inspect you on your fifth time taking over training the new recruits. You were strict with your training methods but seemed pretty popular with the young cadets. They took a liking to you, and you were especially popular with the boys. There was no doubt that you were an attractive woman, even Erwin could agree but he'd never be caught alive admitting it. Hange would often crack jokes and Levi would make sly comments about Erwins attractive assistant, questioning and teasing if there was anything more going on between the two of you but Erwin would shut it down quickly.