Moving On- Chapter 6

Another glorious time skip

Authors POV

The day Erwin came to talk to you at the hospital was hard for him, although he didn't show it. It was his way of saying goodbye and letting you go. He knew that you had feelings of love for him, which is why he made you promise that you'd move on.

An old friend of his back in the day was the owner of the house in Wall Sina. Erwin and him had become close and when his friend unfortunately died during an expedition, he had Erwin under his will for the house since Erwin was the only person he'd consider family. This house was kinda something Erwin had forgotten about until the day he found out you would no longer be apart of the Survey Corps. He felt at ease knowing that you would have a good start to your new life.

Of course he couldn't get you out of his head so easily, he continues to distract himself with work and meetings but letting you go would definitely take some time. You were different than Marie, he was so young and inexperienced at the time but now he was a grown man with more experience on life and a true understanding of love.

Time flew by as you got yourself comfortable in your new home. You loved it, it was the perfect home for a family yet you were alone. The village was quiet and there were a lot of kind and successful people there. You felt a little out of place at first, being in the state that you were in but people welcomed you and you made friendly acquaintances. Therapy was going good, you felt more comfortable walking and you ditched the crutches. You took therapy very seriously, you just wanted so badly to get the casts off.

You did try to keep your promise to Erwin, that you would move on. You started a new hobby, turns out you're way better at sketching than you gave yourself credit for. Erwin was good at many things but he lacked some skills in the art department, to put it more nicely.

(Sorry I had to put in this hilarious photo Erwin drew even though I know he had to use his left hand😂)

..So he would always have you draw out maps and facial descriptions of people and you now finally started to put that small skill to use. It started with drawing everyday/slice of life things, like the children in your neighborhood, the old couple you saw every other day at the farmers market, and you even started to do commissions for some extra cash.
--

One night you were reminiscing about your late nights helping Erwin with paperwork. You missed his face so much, so you decided to sketch it. It was meant to be a silly sketch but you slowly kept adding detail after detail, not wanting to miss any of Erwin's features, sketching turned into drawing, drawing turned into shading and then you began coloring. It was the most detailed piece you'd ever done, probably your best work yet. You stared at the work of art every single day.

 You stared at the work of art every single day