Promise Me- Chapter 5

Your POV

My eyes try to flutter open but it starts to sting as sweat and blood made their way inside. All I could barely make out around me is debris. I try to sit up but I begin to feel an excruciating pain all over my body. I then realized almost all my body was buried in rubble. I was laying on my stomach with my left arm free and out of the rubble but I could not tell where my right arm was, I had completely lost feeling in it. My left leg was completely crushed and I felt every bit of it but my right leg seemed less injured, I could wiggle it around but I didn't have the strength to kick off some of the weight on me.

I could hear people screaming and crying in the distance, as well as the sound of destruction. I laid their in pain and humiliation, what had I done. I wished that I could had just died instantly. Am I being punished? I coughed up some blood, I felt the pain of my organs failing me.

Oh good, I'm feeling sleepy. Is this finally my end?

I let my eyes rest as I felt like I was drifting off to my death.
-

Authors POV

After it was all over, Erwin didn't get word about you until weeks after. He had been busy explaining his actions to superiors and dealing with all the damage that was done. He never jumps to the conclusion that you may be hurt because he has so much faith in your strength and that's something he would constantly tell himself to get you off his mind during expeditions.

The word finally reached to him that you had been found barely alive under a pile of rubble. He went to the infirmary immediately to see you but you had still been unconscious. He was still very busy throughout the days so he would constantly be sending people to check up on you and to report any changes in your health. He felt guilty but tried to push that emotion away.

After a few weeks you had finally woken up. It was going to be a long road to recovery for you. Your left leg was broken in several different areas but they were able to fix it with rods. You were obviously wearing a cast. The same thing goes for your right arm. They were able to save it but it would take you a long time before you could get any feeling back on that arm and be able to make it function the way it use too.

A week after you had woken up, you were allowed to walk on your cast and a crutch (and with the nurses assistance) but it was difficult to say the least. You were just thankful to finally use the bathroom like a normal human being. When you looked in the mirror for the first time you then realized the ugly scar on the right side of your face. The scar was to the side of your forehead and down to your eyebrow. You felt like you had no real reason to complain since you were lucky to be alive but you definitely didn't like the thought of that scar being there for the rest of your life.

Finally after two more weeks Erwin showed his face. You were laying in bed, still feeling your worse, the pain killers could only do so much. You were embarrassed that Erwin had to see you in this state.

Your POV

Erwin walked into my infirmary room. He took a seat on the chair next to my bed, I could feel him looking at all my injuries. I felt so uncomfortable, I couldn't even look at him. I just stared straight at the door in front of the room.

Erwin clears his throat, finally about to speak up "How are you feeling (y/n)?"

"Well... my leg is broken, and my arm is in even worse state, it's going to take awhile for me to regain any feeling in it. It's a good thing I'm ambidextrous..." I let out a small chuckle, even though I didn't find my own joke funny,
"... but, it looks like my days in the Survey Corps are over, I failed you."

"You didn't fail me (y/n), far from it. I owe you an apology, this whole plan was my idea, you could have died under my command." Erwin let's out a small sigh and looks down, with a sad expression that I'd never seen him show before.

"No, you don't owe me an apology, I brought this on myself, I let my wrath take over and disobeyed orders. I had every intention on killing the female titan and avenge my squads deaths. And now, this is the price I must pay.. but, I suppose it could had been worst, so who am I to complain."

"This isn't the end for you (y/n)." Erwin says, leaning closer to my bed. "It's time to move on now and start a new life."

I raise an eyebrow at Erwin, not really comprehending what he's trying to tell me, he then grabs ahold of my hand, his hand was so big compared to mine, I felt like a child, but his warmth comforted me.

"Promise me (y/n), promise me that you will move on from your life here in the Survey Corps; Move on from all the people you hold dear to and also the ones you've lost. Start a new life, find a hobby you're passionate about, and most importantly, find a man that can make you happy and fulfill your every needs. And don't you dare ever look back."

"Erwin.."

"Promise me (y/n)" Erwin tighten his grip on my hand, wanting me to take him serious.

"I promise that I will try." I say this to give him a little bit of satisfaction, but I could never picture myself being in love with another man, not the way I love Erwin.

Erwin's face looked more relieved and he lets go of my hand. "Thank you." He then gets up to walk out the door. I call out to him before he could leave so quickly,

"Erwin.. " Erwin looks back and gives me a warm smile before walking out the door.
-
Time skip

My original hometown was Shiganshina. Not long after the fall of Wall Maria is when I began to peak an interest in enlisting into the Survey Core. I lost everything, I stayed with friends time to time and eventually got a good paying job that provided me with a room to stay in. But now, I didn't really have a home to reside in... After another month of being in the hospital, I finally got the boot. I could walk a little bit better on my cast and crutch so they released me. As I'm packing my things in the room, Levi comes in. Levi and I had always had this love/hate relationship.

"Levi? Took you this long to come visit me.. You finally decide to show up when I'm getting kicked out the hospital."

"Tch, actually I came to visit you while you were still dead on the bed."

I stuck my tongue out at Levi, knowing how much he hated when I did that because he never knew how to respond to the childish act. He just rolled his eyes.

"I have something for you, you little brat." He hands me an envelope and then flicks my forehead. I rub my forehead in annoyance and then open the envelope. It was documents of ownership to a house.

"What's this?"

"Did you forget how to read when you came back from the dead?"

I roll my eyes as far as they'd let me "No idiot, I mean, why are you giving me this."

"It's a little gift from Erwin. He signed his ownership of this house to you, and it's in a peaceful village in Wall Sina. You must be pretty damn special." He says while sitting on the bed I just made and crossing his legs.

"... I-I don't know what to say. Wait, why did he send you to bring this to me?"

"Because he doesn't want to ever see you again."

"Way to be blunt." What he said actually hurt my feelings, I turn my back to him and look out the window to distract myself. Levi had started to feel bad about how he worded things, not something he normally feels.

"Alright that was harsh.." he lets out a loud sigh and gets off the bed. He makes his way to me and looks out the same window. ".. you know how Erwin is, well, actually, let me rephrase that, no one knows what goes on in that mans thick head, but clearly you mean something important to him. Just take what he's giving you and move on. If I were you, I'd open a tea shop and live out my days in bliss."

"I'm pretty sure that's your dream, not mine."

Levi shrugs his shoulders and makes his way out the door. "Good luck (y/n), I mean it." Levi gives me the smallest smile possible but I still took it because it came from a genuine place

"Thank you Levi"