The Female Titan-Chapter 4

Authors POV

More months had gone by and you definitely did not let Erwin down. You took your role as Squad Leader seriously and accomplish a lot. You led your squad into success during the recent expeditions with minimum to no casualties. Erwin knew he had done good by you.

But It wasn't until the operation to catch the female titan where things began to take a turn for the worse. Your squad was the reinforcement team that was sent after the female titan to stop her from reaching Levi's squad and they began to drop like flies.

Literally, the female titan went as far as to step, squish and bite your squad to their deaths. You were barely lucky, as you go to slice off the female titans heel, she could see right through the plan and jumped up in the air with the intentions of stepping on you but your loyal squad member managed to push you out of her range and sacrificed his life for you.

Your POV

No, this can't be happening.

I'm looking around at my squad but all I see is limbs, crushed bones, and the pain in their eyes that never left during their final moments. I sat there on the ground, frozen, ready to meet my fate but the female titan took no interest in turning around to finish the job, she continues to run towards Levi's squad.

I can't tell you how long I had sat there traumatized for.. 30 minutes? An hour? I completely blocked the loud noises and vibrations I was feeling from the commotion happening over a mile away. It wasn't until Levi showed up, with a cold, ghost like expression on his face. He caught a glimpse of me on the ground while flying through his 3DMG and went to check if I was alive.

"So.. your squad too." He stood there looking down at me, for the first time that I had ever seen, he took pity in me. "Get up, the fights not over."

I join him without saying a word. We eventually catch up to the Mikasa who was ready to go full charge at the female Titan but Levi tamed her. We successfully got Eren and retreated.

After that mission I had fallen into a depression. I didn't let it interfere with the things I needed to get done but my attitude had changed and people noticed. I was filled with rage and hate, I was no long the positive and ambitious girl I use to be. Every one of my squad members meant something to me, we became like family. I finally understood what Erwin had meant, but I still stood by what I had told him. I don't regret giving and receiving the love from my teammates. It pushed me into wanting to catch the female titan even more, no matter what it took. I needed to avenge their deaths.

Erwin noticed my behavior and called me in for a pep talk but all his motivational and empowering words went through one ear and out the other. As he continues to talk I naturally, and unknowingly respond with "mhm" "Yes Sir" "uh huh" He could see how hurt I was, after all, everyone in the Survey Corps had felt this way before at some point, including himself so he knew exactly how I was feeling. All of a sudden I feel myself fall into a tight warm embrace. I can't believe I hadn't noticed Erwin stand up from his desk and walk over to me. His strong arms wrapped around my upper back, it was a rather stiff and awkward hug. I could tell he was trying his best to comfort me but also be as respectful as he could.

"I don't hug people often, in fact, I tell them to get over it, that their sacrifice was for the good of humanity. But.. I know my words will not work with you. I can tell you cared deeply for your team and I'm sorry for your lose." Erwin says while pulling away from the hug and moving his hands on top of my shoulders. He squats a little lower to try and force eye contact. I surrender into his beautiful blue orbs.

"I need you for something important. I think after this mission, you may feel a little better..we know the identity of the female titan and plan to make a move. I'd like for you to accompany Eren, Armin and the others as they lure her into a trap. What do you say?"

Without hesitation, I agreed in his offer to take part in the mission.

The time finally came to the day where we confront the female titan. It was some girl in the Military Police under the name of Annie Leonhart.

I was asked to stay in the sidelines and wait for Armins signal. If Annie saw someone she didn't recognized, It could draw suspicion. They were close into luring her underground but she hesitated. I could barely make out what they were saying but I did hear Eren raising his voice. I became very impatient, gripping onto my sword tightly.

Finally, the signal flare was fired and the soldiers made their move. They had her in a good grip until I noticed something. She extended her fingers and I quickly took notice at the small blade sticking out of her ring. My rage took over my body, I dashed quickly towards her and slice off her entire hand off. I don't take the people around us into consideration, they all back away in fear of getting caught in my blade. I let out a loud angry growl as I plunge myself towards Annie, impaling my sword into her chest. Blood splatters out of her mouth. I hear Armin yelling in the background "(Y/N) NO!"

In that moment, as I'm still gripping onto the sword that's inside her chest, I saw the light go back into Annie's eyes and she whispers "Idiot." I then see a flash of light and then ...darkness.