Faron-class Technical Readout (Type C Secured)

Edit - please note that you don't have to read this to understand the story! I've just always enjoyed reading excessive amounts of lore on science fiction universes, like something you'd find in a Star Wars technical manual or a 40k wiki page. I tried to emulate that. But if this isn't your jam, then don't worry! This is just extra. I guarantee you'll never need to know the Faron-class is 141,291 tons or what an RMSIIc/4s-o is.

That being said, if you also spend way too long reading stuff like this, then enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION!

This document is CLASSIFIED (TYPE C) under the orders of the United Planetary Republic Bureau of Naval Intelligence, the United Planetary Republic Branch of Naval Development, and United Planetary Republic High Command, all under the purview and authorization of the President of this Republic.

A minimum Type C security clearance is required to access this document. Any violation of this will be prosecuted by the Republic Supreme Judiciary to the highest extent that the law allows. This can include but is not limited to- partial or total memory erasure, life imprisonment, or the death penalty.

<Faron-class Design/Construction Log>

<Technical Readout>

Length- 400 Meters

Beam- 122 Meters

Complement- 1,610

Curb Weight- 141,291 Tons

MCD (Maximum Continuous Deployment)- Two Years, Five Months 

Introduction and Overview:

The Faron-class heavy cruiser is an attempt to manufacture a warship that is both competitive on the modern battlefield and constructed out of materials that are still readily available in Paragon. This second restriction has ruled out most metals, including titanium and steel, and has forced the Faron's hull to be assembled out of a combination of hardened synthetic polymers and specially-treated heat-resistant wood.

The Faron-class has sacrificed any semblance of heavy armor, abandoning the thick vectored plating of its predecessors and relying on speed and maneuverability to compete with older vessels. Despite this, the Faron is not totally lacking in survivability, presenting a strong network of plasma field generators and an extensive point-defense grid. This brief technical readout will explain everything of necessary importance, excluding anything under Type A or B classification by the Naval Bureau of Investigation and the Branch of Naval Development.

Propulsion:

Four Reiner Heavy Industries FE14/b Fusion Exhaust Engines comprise the core of the Faron's engine block. Six Reiner Heavy Industries FA11 VASIMR Thrusters act as secondary propulsion- four more positioned strategically across the Faron's hull provide substantial maneuverability. The Faron's core thruster block is replicated on the nose of the vessel, granting the class a vastly superior deceleration rate when compared to any other vessel currently in service. In addition, a centrifugal ring position amidships plays host to thirty Soarson Manufacturing B-Series monopropellant maneuvering jets, allowing for fine control and precise burns.