Chapter 11

"I still feel restless..." she uttered. Lately, she had been seeing Lan Xichen too often than she expects. Everything that involves the Lan Xichen has never been a piece of good news to Jiang Cheng. Although others think its good to be close to the Lan members,  she for herself thinks its only trouble. Yup, trouble.

"Should I turn the car?" Sandu answered, currently driving her to Wen Ning's restaurant.

She shook her head and gaze out the car window. The night seems calm and quiet, it's starry as well. A nice time to look for meteors or some sort. "No, it's fine."

Lately, she's been thinking of whether to continue telling Lan Qiren to stop forcing Lan Xichen to her. Though he hasn't sent her letters she knows that in the future the letter that he sents are likely to create a pile in her office. They're longer than report and more boring to read.  She couldn't let that happen because if she does, then she's done for.

Up till her current age, she still remembers how Lan Qiren writes reports and some other formal letters. Yes, the handwriting was beautiful but fuck, it's long.

"If I pick up a fight with Lan Xichen, do you think Lan Qiren would let me off?"

There go questions again. Why does whenever she thinks of the matter between Lan Xichen and her, she always seemed lost? Her mind always away or at times is tired of dealing with any inquiry.  Lan Xichen is innocent, well, not until she heard he took Lan Wangji's place in the marriage that is. He could've just stayed away from that problem and yet he walked right towards it.

Jiang Cheng knew the marriage matter would resurface again but she didn't expect it to be so soon,  that the groom would be changed. She hasn't come up with a solution on how to deal with it completely but has only simple measures to avoid mentioning it though. That was pretty much she was sure about.

"Knowing the Senior Lan, he won't. But since first master Lan is already an adult and can handle things on his own, I assume he would. But then again, with the matter between second master Lan and young master Wei, I must say he won't let Miss off," Sandu answered.

Right. What Sandu said was right. Lan Qiren won't definitely let her off since it's his precious nephews. Considering now that his little nephews are now both adults and can cleary feed a whole town by their own hands, he can let Jiang Cheng off, but as Sandu said, with her brother and Lan Wangji married to each other, he won't let her off. Why you would ask? Clearly because now that his younger nephew is married to a guy, he can no longer depend on him for producing any heir.

Therefore,  he can only depend on Lan Xichen now. Knowing the older one is the top bachelor of the business world means he needs to produce an heir to continue their bloodline. And of course, that also applies to her. The only person left that carries a Jiang in her blood.

Knowing that Lan Qiren was able to see the compatibility of the two heirs, he quickly gives rise to the almost forgotten arrangement.  She had to compliment the old man for his sharpness despite his age but at the same time also curse him for bringing such matter up.

"You're correct but on one point you are also wrong. But since my question was only a simple one then, of course, your answer was right," Jiang Cheng stated calmly.

"I'm sorry for being not in detail."

"No, it's alright. Like I said since my question was only a simple one, of course, thinking simple as well would be a way to go. But for you to consider the situation of others is an excellent job. What I intend to let you know is, if I mess with Lan Xichen would everything end? Is what I'm trying to let you know."