Description

"What were the first words you ever spoke to me?" He asked softly, his thumbs wiping away the wetness from my cheeks.

"No." I choked out. "Don't! I don't want to say it."

"You said...Hi, my name is Alexis and I just moved into my grandparent's house across the street. Can I play with you? And I knew the moment I laid eyes on you...."

"You were 10 years old, you didn't know shit." I croaked.

"I may have been 10, but I knew a beautiful girl when I saw one. And you blew the rest of the world out of the water. I may have saved you by leaving you in Tennessee, but at least you still had your grandparents. I had no one if I didn't have you."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

We were a team.

A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pickpocketing, elaborate schemes against the rich, and knocking off banks; we made it big. We were good, really good at what we did.

This time we were too greedy. We couldn't pass up a 4 million dollar art con. Each couple would have walked away with 2 million dollars and we could have settled down and finally started the family we had talked about for years. 

Until he disappeared. Like a thief in the night, except he was a thief. A real thief who disappeared with my heart for six longs years, leaving me to wonder if he was still alive.

Until he returned with a bullet hole in his arm and desperation in his eyes. Begging me to help him one last time, but could I ever forgive him? Could I ever look past his betrayal of leaving me in Tennessee to fend for myself and fight off the cops myself?

I loved him once.

Forever and always?

Maybe.

●●●●●●●

🛑Please Note this is not an edited story. It's first draft material and you will find mistakes!...a lot of them!🛑

Thanks!

Xoxox

Aly