It's Over - Chapter 2

Gratsu Bingo 2019

Prompt: Coffee

Chapter 2

Gray thought about changing the sheets when he got home, but he couldn't bring himself to. He inhaled Natsu's scent, still strong on his pillows, could feel his body reacting to it, but he wasn't in the mood for pleasure anymore. He remembered Natsu telling him how people's smells didn't last very long, and for some reason, it made a knot form in his throat.

He just wanted Natsu back in his bed, needed to wrap himself around him as they slept. It was one of his favorite things to do with the fire mage outside of having sex, and knowing that it wasn't going to happen tonight or any other night left him feeling dissatisfied.

He spent a long restless night, all sorts of thoughts going through his mind. For the first time that he could remember, he wanted to fix things, but he didn't know how. Usually, when someone left him, he rarely thought about them again. Just moved on to someone else.

For God's sake Gray, stop running from your feelings!

Cana's words lingered in his mind, but he refused to admit they had any merit. He did not have feelings for Natsu thank you very much. Sure, they were friends and teammates, and he cared what happened to him to a certain extent, and his body, well, his body was incredible, no complaints there. And he was fun to talk to and fight with and fuck.

Damnit!

No, there was just no way he could lead Natsu on just because he was a great fuck. Natsu was in love with him, and he was not going to play with him. Nope. Not when he did not have any feelings for him. He finally managed to get to bed right before dawn, only to be woken up by loud knocking at his door a few short hours later.

"Gray! Why the hell aren't you at the guild yet?" Erza's angry shouts could be heard all the way to his room.

Shit! They were supposed to take a job today. He'd completely forgotten.

He ran to open his door, for once wearing pajama pants. "Sorry, Erza, I had a hard time getting to sleep."

Erza could only snort at him, "Oh yeah? What was her name?"

"What? Why do you automatically assume I had someone here?"

"Because your apartment reeks of sex. Didn't anyone ever teach you to change your sheets after you were done? Seriously, Gray. That's disgusting."

Erza went into his room and stripped his bed, throwing everything in the washing machine he'd recently bought after one too many incidents at the laundromat. He knew better than to say anything to her, but he was angry, and as he heard the machine run, he couldn't help but feel like she'd taken something special away from him. What the hell was going on with him?

He didn't know, but he was now in a foul mood, and that was a bad thing to be in where Erza was involved.

"Why are you standing there glaring at me? Go get dressed, we need you at the guild," Erza snapped, hands at her waist and foot tapping restlessly.

Gray scrambled to get ready, but that feeling of loss didn't leave him. Now he really had nothing to come home to. Maybe he should go out that night and find someone to replace Natsu in his bed. That might be best for everyone.

He walked with Erza to the guild, trying to keep his temper in check as she continued to get on his case about every little thing. When they finally entered he went straight to Mira for a cup of coffee, getting himself some distance from the overbearing Erza. He could hear Natsu quietly talking with Lucy, and he had to wonder.