When Fire Tamed Ice

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong To Hiro Mashima

Day 5 Prompt: Caught

When Fire Tamed Ice

There was a lot of laughing and cheering at the Fairy Tail guild as they celebrated the joining of two of Fairy Tail's most beloved members, Natsu Dragneel and Gray Fullbuster. The wedding ceremony had been lovely, although a long time coming. They had been together as a couple since their early teens and were now in their mid-twenties. Natsu had not been too keen on getting married, but Gray had pleasant memories of his parents and had wanted that for them, and Natsu had eventually agreed.

It had been a large affair, larger than what they had wanted but they had made so many friends over the years that it would be hard to cut people out from the list. All of Fairy Tail was present of course, along with mages from Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Crime Sorciere, Mermaid Heel, Sabertooth, Quattro Cerberus, and many others. Even Porlyusica had made an appearance, wanting to wish them well as they began their new life together as a married couple.

Natsu took Gray's surname and became Natsu Fullbuster. He had no attachment to his own name, had no memories of his human family, except for Zeref whom he would rather forget. Maybe someday Natsu could forgive the Black Wizard for everything he'd done and come to see him as the doting brother he'd once been, but he was very far from that at the moment.

The boys had written their own vows filled with humor and love. The reception had been everything you would expect from the two, there had been plenty of food and drink, and at one point it had devolved into an all-out multi-guild brawl. No one was happier than Gray and Natsu, they were right in the middle of it with huge grins on their faces as Erza rolled her eyes, requipped, and for once jumped right into the fun.

Now it was time to hand out presents. Erza, Lucy, Cana, and Juvia were tackling the gigantic mountain of gifts. They took turns presenting them to the two husbands and collected and disposed of the wrapping paper as it was torn off. It was Cana's turn to pick, and she grabbed a medium sized rectangular package and handed it to Gray with a smile.

"Here you go!" Cana chirped. "It's from Reedus."

Gray thanked her and handed the card to Natsu to read as he ripped through the wrapping paper. Natsu was busy opening the envelope and looking at the card when he heard Gray's sharp intake of breath and looked over to see what had caused the unusual reaction. Gray had a hand covering his mouth, and his eyes were shiny. Natsu looked over at the item Gray was holding and felt his eyes begin to water as well. That had been the beginning for them, so long ago and Reedus had somehow managed to capture it. Natsu was glad that the pict mage had held on to it for all these years. Their younger selves would surely have destroyed it. They rose from their seats and sought out the pict mage, once they found him in the crowd they embraced him tightly and thanked him sincerely.

Two pairs of eyes met Reedus,' and they all exchanged a warm smile. The special occasion had finally arrived.

Flashback

The guild brats had been sitting around on a summer day doing nothing but complaining about the heat while the adults, which was a very loose term in the Fairy Tail Guild, were drinking the day away and ignoring the youngest members.

Cana looked at the barrels of alcohol with longing. She had recently discovered that not only did she like the contents of those barrels but she could drink copious amounts of them without being negatively affected. It made her feel older, and it was something that she could do better than anyone else. Even the adults.

Erza was feeling irritated, everywhere she looked there was nothing but wasted potential. She wanted to walk over to all of them and set them on the right path. She knew from experience that this would not go over well with the older guild members. She turned her attention to the other kids her age and her gaze narrowed with interest as she noticed how Natsu looked at Gray with his large innocent eyes and sat as close to the ice mage as humanly possible without being in his lap. She watched, waiting for Gray to lash out at the fire mage but the ice mage was either unaware of the attention or unwilling to do anything about it. Both were unusual for him. This set Erza to thinking, also a dangerous thing. The red-headed knight mage did not miss much.