Party / Freaky Friday: My Step Brother

Alex POV 

Working a 9 to 5 job is so boring. All I really do is play games on my computer but not really doing work. I hate my job, I hate my boss, I hate everything in this workplace. I also like to read stories on wattpad. It was November, it was thanksgiving. My mom wanted me to come back to Virgina to see her new boyfriend. 

I went to the airport and catched my plane to Virginia. The one thing I like about virgina is that it rains almost everyday. I love the rain it is so relaxing and calming it is a perfect scenery for writing my book. I sound like a nerd but I like to write romance novels, but I would never release them to public. I had one of my best friends Lola read it, she said it that I should be one of New yorks best seller authors. 

I wished that I was a full time author so I can have time to read books and shit instead of working in this 9 to 5 job. I am only 19, I moved out with my father since I was 15, We move to Toronto Canada. I love it out here it is so cool but in the winter times it is a disaster. 

I went to my moms place and I rang the doorbell. She answered the door, she was so happy to see me. 

Mom: Alex this is my boyfriend Mark 

Alex: Hi 

He nodded his head 

Mom: Lets all sit down on the dinner table 

We all sat down 

Mom: hows life 

Alex: I hate my job 

Mom: You need money Alex, your father wont do shit. Useless piece of shit. 

My mom divorced my dad, my dad was using drugs and my mom wanted to move out with my dad because she was worried about him. I was the responsible one to help him. 

Mom: Hows your father anyways 

Alex: he is doing the same but good at the same time 

Mom: Does he still use drugs 

Alex: Mom! 

Mom: dont worry mark knows 

Alex: sometimes

Mom: good 

Alex: Imma go to my room 

Mom: Alright, dinner is ready by 9 

I left to my room to watch a movie. 

I went downstairs 

Mom: Welcome back 

I sat down 

Mom: Mark where is your son 

Mark: should be coming any minute now 

Alex: How old is your son 

Mark: 21 

Mom: The turkey is served 

Mark: this looks delicious 

Alex: Lets dive in 

Mom: Alex, we have to pray first 

Mark: lets wait for my son 

Mom: Ok but Alex when he comes you have to pray with us 

Alex: But im not religious 

Mom: Im sorry Mark 

Mark: It's ok, it was different for my son too 

This has caught me off guard, we never prayed. I tried to be respectful but with my job, and my jet lag it is not working out for me.