SIX

Note: This is a flashback!

** TW: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & ABUSE

[ AUTHOR POV ]

[Y/N] sat in silence on the worn,  beige couch, her eyes glued to the beaming television in front of her. She drearily turned her attention to the small alarm clock sat on the side table, letting out a small sigh as she read the red numbers displayed on the black screen. 3:46 A.M.

This was a typical Friday night for the young female. Her partner would often go out drinking with his closest friends, partying at various different clubs, leaving her all alone for almost the whole night. She had gotten used to staying up quite late, awaiting the man to arrive back home to make sure he was got home all safe and sound, as he tended to get wasted every single time he went out.

The man, deemed as Liam, had been her high school sweetheart, since their freshman years. Though, he wasn't the best person to be with. Constantly going out and getting drunk caused him to become quite hostile to anyone who crosses his path, especially [Y/N]. Even though she had been his partner for years, taking care and supporting him no matter what, she was the easiest target for his verbal and physical abuse.

[Y/N]'s eyes began getting heavier and heavier. As she slowly drifted off into her slumber, the sounds of the quiet TV began to sound almost incoherent before she unintentionally fell asleep. Usually she would manage to stay up until Liam got home so she could make sure he was safe, but this night was different; she was absolutely exhausted from a long work day.

[ READER POV ]

I was abruptly woken up to the sound of the front door slamming, followed by quiet groans and the pungent smell of alcohol and body oder. I rubbed my eyes gently with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, letting my eyes adjust to the man a few feet in front of me.

"Oh... Liam, you're home.." My voice croaked out quietly, a small smile forming on my lips. The man gave no response, which wasn't the unusual for him while he was drunk, he just continued his groaning as he leaned against the door frame, gripping onto it in attempts to hold himself up.

"Oh honey, you're drunk. Let me help you." I said, my voice more clear this time as I hurried up off the couch to make my way towards the drunken man. I wrapped my right arm around his back, grabbing onto his arm with my left one in attempts to keep him steady. I tried to walk him over towards the couch to lie down as he needed the rest, but I felt a strong force push me against the wall instead. I looked up, now able to see the anger in his face thanks to the lighting of the TV.

"Don't fucking touch me, I don't need your damn help.." He muttered out with rage very present, slurring all of his words. I looked into his bloodshot eyes, a little fearful of what he may do next.

"Liam.. you are drunk.. please just let me help you to the couch. You need rest." My tone was quiet as I spoke. I tried to keep a relaxed voice in attempts to hide my fear, but that wasn't working out so good as I was terrified of him in this state. I hesitantly placed my hand on his arm, looking up at him with worrisome eyes.

"Fuck off." He growled quietly at me, gripping roughly onto my wrists, shoving me down to the ground. As I fell, I hit the back of my head on the end of the coffee table. I looked down at the floor, my eyes burning as I tried so hard to keep the tears from falling down, knowing me crying would make him even angrier.

At this point I began to shake out of fear, watching him as he fumbled, tripping over things towards the kitchen. I slowly began to get up, rubbing the back of my head as I noticed him grabbing a brand new bottle of beer from the refrigerator.

"Liam, no.. you are too drunk." I called out to him, swiftly following him into the kitchen. "Please, no more drinking.." I was practically begging him at this point, my voice starting to crack as tears rolled uncontrollably down my cheeks.

It was at that point, I felt a force of pain hit my face, so strong that it knocked me down onto the hardwood floor, face first. He had punched me. My head began to spin as I tried to get up, but my body was too weak, I felt like I could pass out. I slowly looked up at him, starting to see double since I had hit my head so hard, tears streaming down my face as I began sobbing quietly.

His expressions showed no remorse, he just chuckled drunkenly as he watched me struggle, blood seeping down from my nose he busted in with his punch. I wiped it away slowly, the last thing I saw had been him taking a swig of his beer before everything went black.