This "Plot" Again

[A/N - That pic is so me. I'm sorry Mello!]

"Where the fuck am I?!"

I was awoken from my sex dream about a beautiful blonde, by said beautiful blonde yelling. I jumped up from my arm chair and knelt beside my couch, where he lay glaring around him.

"Mello," I said quietly, so he'd have to shut up to hear me. "You're in my apartment. It's ok, you're ok."

"But WHY?!"

"Shit. Mello, you blew the mafia base up. I got you out of there and brought you here. I've been looking after you. You got a bit injured."

I nodded towards his chest and pulled the blanket down so he could see the bandages covering his left side.

"Oh. I'm half naked," He looked up and glared at me again. "Did you bring me here to rape me?"

"WHAT?! For fucks sake, I saved your goddamn life and you accuse me of raping you? Why would I even want to do that, you ugly piece of shit?!"

"OK, I'm sorry," He smiled and I tried to stay mad but I couldn't.

"Whatever, Mello. I just changed your bandages about half an hour ago so you should be OK for a while. Here, take a drink of water."

I tried to hand him a bottle of water but he shook his head and demanded chocolate instead. I gave him both.

"Anything else you need, Princess?"

"More chocolate," He smirked and I gave him the finger instead.

I pulled myself up from the floor and headed towards my room.

"I'll leave you to rest, or whatever."

"I've rested enough. Come back and entertain me."

"Well, I'm tired, Mello. I'm not used to being a private nurse."

"Why did you do that? Why did you save me? I never gave you the time of the day in the mafia."

"No, you didn't."

My voice shook slightly and I held back the tears that suddenly threatened to embarrass me. He got up and followed me. I kept my face turned away from him.

"Um, I need the bathroom."

I pointed at the bathroom door before going to my room and getting into bed. Two minutes later, the door opened and Mello walked in and got in bed beside me.

"I'm lonely," He announced. "You didn't say my face got fucked up too."

"Your face was always fucked up," I said and laughed.

"Haha," He grinned and wiggled closer to me.

"You should eat something. More than chocolate. I'll make you some toast."

"I don't want it."

"Well, you're getting it. I'll put jam on it to make it sweeter."

He agreed to that and I was soon back with a tray of tea and toast for us both.

"I put lots of sugar in your tea too, sweetie," I told him as he slurped it up and savaged the toast.

"That was nice. I haven't eaten jam in so long. I'd completely forgotten but it reminds me of this guy at Wammy's House, the orphanage I grew up in. Beyond Birthday. He was obsessed with jam and with being better than L. He was also obsessed with C. He was so badass but such a fangirl when it came to C. I heard they got married and stuff."

[A/N - C is CandyStixx_]

"So, you were all crazy fuckers in that place?" I asked and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Y/N... I might not have given you the time of day before, but it doesn't mean I didn't notice you. I noticed you too much maybe. But I'm an asshole and the mafia isn't really the place for... Well, I thought I might die and - well, I'm just a coward and I'm making excuses even now."

"You're not a coward, Mello. I mean you beheaded a guy. You took over the mafia and even blew yourself up."

"Yeah but that stuff is easy," He shrugged. "Feelings aren't. And you're pretty."

"No, I'm not," I blushed and smiled. "You are."

"I've got half a face and my hair is all shaggy," He complained.

"It is a bit," I agreed. "I could try fix it up for you."

I really just wanted to change the subject but I grabbed a scissors and comb. I considered warning him how bad I am with cutting and styling cosplay wigs, but thought I'd better not. I could hardly breathe being so close to him, but I did my best. It was still a bit scraggy but he seemed to like it. It was time to change his bandages. He was healing up and said he wasn't sore at all.

"You just want to check so you can perv on me," He teased.

"Oh please, your body isn't all that," I scoffed as I cut through the bandages to reveal his chest. I bit my lip and he laughed as I stared.

"Oh yeah? So what if I do this?"

He lifted my chin up and moved his face closer to mine. I'd already removed his face bandage and the scar and his hair made him even hotter, somehow.

"You're beautiful, Mello."

He kissed me and I almost jumped him then and there.

"Shit, I don't want to hurt you," I nodded at his chest but he just grunted and pulled me on top of him.

"I'm fine. I need some lovin!"

I giggled and obliged him.

(Imma be a tease and end it here!)

PS. Happy birthday, Near! 🐑