Discovering

The next morning, after a disastrous day, the girls ended up being friends. They decided to keep in touch. After leaving the restaurant, they all headed to their houses. Natasha and Nicolette, who were sisters, headed to their tree house located in the forest. Catnip and her boyfriend went to their house on the outskirts of town. Kimiko and Aika also headed towards their cozy little house. Sanji went with Yato after closing the restaurant up.

Yato's POV

I couldn't get her out of my mind. Ever since yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about the girl at the restaurant. Seriously, how can she be so beautiful!? Even when her hair was messy, and her clothes were covered with dirt, she looked stunning. I wish I could see her again.

Lost in thought, I didn't realize that I had kept walking, turning corner after corner, and I found myself in the town square, that had a mango tree in the center. I decided to keep walking, but this time paying attention to where I was going. I walked around, observing people as they went on with their daily lives.

That's when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw her. I blinked and looked again, but she wasn't there. Of course, I was just daydreaming. I knew there was a really low chance of me seeing her again, so I just shook my head and kept walking. I resumed looking around, and after a few feet, I saw her again. This time I knew it for sure, that she was really there, walking towards me. I saw her talking with a girl who'd been at the restaurant yesterday. She looked really into the conversation. Even if she was just talking, she looked amazing. I decided that this might be last time I ever saw her. And so, I started walking towards her, hoping that she wouldn't notice that I was directly in her path.

Kimiko's POV

After talking at the restaurant for a while, we decided it was time to leave. Nicolette and Natasha had invited us over to their house, so that night, I went to bed quite happy. The next morning, I woke up with a fuzzy feeling in me. I wasn't quite sure what caused it, but I decided to ignore it.

After a while, Aika and I got ready, and left to go visit the others. They had told us they lived on the outskirts of town, past the plaza with the mango tree, and past the park where Nicolette's dog had given me the most embarrassing moment of my life. So Aika and I were walking towards the plaza, and I saw the mango tree looming over the rooftops and turned to Aika, with my expression dead serious. "Hey, look over there. Wouldn't it be a shame if a mango fell and hit someone on the head? Or better yet, if someone fell off and squashed a mango on you?"

She turned her head slowly to look at me, annoyance coming off in waves. I grinned and looped my arm around hers. "Yesterday was quite something," I said, and she nodded in agreement.

I recounted yesterday's events, and suddenly remembered Restaurant Guy. My stomach felt fluttery again. I longed to see him again, drown myself in him. Then I realized that was so irrational and stupid, and that I'd probably never see him again. I started murmuring 'idiot' over and over to myself, making Aika glance at me.

"What?" she asked. I knew I couldn't keep that from her, so I launched into telling her everything. I got really wrapped up in the conversation and I didn't see him coming. Before i could react, I bumped into him. Him. HIM! Oh God, it was him. "O- oh jeesh, I'm so sorry," I stuttered.

"No, it's okay. Completely my fault," he said, and smiled, which made me feel more nervous. I knew I should probably walk away, keep going towards the park, but the words stumbled out of my mouth before I could react. "So, what're you doing? I mean... What's up? I mean.." I felt my face burn. He kept smiling.

"My name's Yato. And to answer your questions: I was walking to a friend's restaurant and-" he looked up, "the sky's up." I laughed, and I think it came out a bit strange. I was about to answer when I heard Aika calling from the tree, "Kimiko, we need to go now!"