The Risks of Being Together

It was a beautiful morning. The sun's rays were touching the dew on the flora, making the forest sparkle. Birds were singing, and squirrels and other wood animals were looking for food. Everything was perfect.

"AHHHH!" Catnip's scream resounded through the forest. "WHO TOOK MY BEER?!" Everyone in the house jumped. Those who were asleep nearly fell off their beds. They all dragged themselves downstairs to find Catnip messing up the living room, infuriated.

"Uhm, Catnip, what's wrong?" Kimiko asked half asleep.

"One of you," Catnip turned, pointing at the group, "Took. My. BEER!" Everyone stared blankly at her. They heard footsteps on the stairs, and turned to see Aika walking down, lazily holding beer cans in one hand.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you take Catnip's beer away," Aika said, slightly grinning.

"Oh God," Kimiko murmured. Catnip glared at Aika and slowly walked towards her. She tried snatching the beer away from Aika, but Aika moved her hand away quickly. She stuck her tongue out, and started running around the living room. Catnip screamed and chased Aika around. The others sighed.

Sanji, who had moved in with Yato few days earlier, shook his head and walked to the kitchen. He opened the door and gaped at the mess inside. "M-My kitchen..." he stuttered.

Kimiko rolled her eyes and made her way into the living room, careful to not get run over by Aika or Catnip. "It is 7 in the morning," she said quietly. "I would really appreciate it if you guys would calm down!" Suddenly, Aika and Catnip stopped running and fell onto the wooden floor.

"Kimiko," mumbled Aika. "Do you really-" she yawned. "-have to do that?"

Catnip raised a hand and pointed at Kimiko. "This..." she yawned, "is your doing?" Kimiko smiled. Aika and Catnip feel asleep each resting on opposite sides of the living room.

"Oh, thank you," breathed Nicolette, "Now I can sleep again." She trudged up the stairs. Natasha waved and followed her sister. Sanji walked out of the kitchen looking distraught, glanced at the girls sleeping and went upstairs. Yato sighed, then smiled at Kimiko, and then followed Sanji.

A moment of silence passed, and Kimiko realized she was the only one awake. "Guys," she called up the stairs, "Guys! Please don't sleep. I have extra energy now, so I can't... Guys?!"

A while later, the sisters made their way downstairs. "Ah, I slept so good," Natasha said, stretching. Yato was coming down the staircase along with Sanji, who was headed towards the kitchen.

"Good morning," Sanji said. Kimiko was seated on the floor between Aika and Catnip, who were still sleeping. With anger on her face, she exclaimed, "Good morning? Good morning?!" She breathed deeply and continued. "Do you know what it's like to absorb the energy of these two?? I don't get how they can live with so much freaking energy, it's infinite. And what's worse, you guys left me alone!"

"Give them their energy back then," Nicolette said, half yawning.

"Fine! But if you can't stand them, it's not my fault," Kimiko snapped. She gave the girls their energy back, and they started waking up. Aika yawned, still holding the beer cans. Catnip stood up, disoriented, then noticed Aika and screamed again. Aika stared laughing hysterically. Kimiko felt exhausted, so she got up as she shook her head.

Aika and Catnip started fighting again, Sanji was cooking, and Yato started talking to Kimiko, ignoring the ones who were fighting over beer. Natasha was getting exasperated with the girls fighting to a point where she couldn't hold it in.