Bonding with the team

Y/n POV

I was in the cafeteria with all the other operators but sat with the Russian operators to catch up with them and they were currently explaining about the other operators.

Fuze: " Y/n, my friend, I must warn you about Caveira or Tiana."
Everyone else at the table let out a shiver of fear at the name but mostly Glaz.

Y/N: " Who?"

Glaz: " Our best interrogator here and the most terrifying woman I have ever met. In the simulation she's gotten info from me, Finka and Fuze and you never see or hear her coming."

And right on cue I felt a tip of a knife on the side on my neck.
Caveira: " I hear you are all talking about me."

I let out a chuckle at that and she was confused why I wasn't scared of her like the others.

YN: " Your not gonna scare me with that little thing."

She pressed it harder into my neck and I felt blood going down my neck as result.

Everyone was watching at this but the situation was defused by Doc.

Doc: "Tiana that's enough."

She groaned and moved away to go torture someone else. And I nodded my head to doc and was already next to me getting ready to patch my wound with the first aid from the kitchen and I let him.

Doc: " Easy with messing with Cav, she'll take that as a challenge."

Y/N: " I couldn't help myself to be honest."

He sighed and muttered something under his breath about crazy russians and finished.
I turned back to the rest
Y/n: "now that's over with whose the best mechanics here because I have a good idea for a new gadget."

Lera: " well if you need something hacked there's Grace, mechanical there's twitch, IQ or Mira , Jager, but he might not talk to you because he's still morning the loss of his Acog, Bandit if you need a pick me up or drugs, Castle knows barricades, Thermite knows everything explosive. Kapkan, Lesion or frost for traps. Why what are you making?"

Y/n: " It's a secret for now but thanks."

I left to find the workshop for my gadget idea and to get a new firing pin for my gun.

Timeskip brought to you by Jager trying to put his ADS on juggernauts back for extra protection.

I found the workshop but I stopped at my and Ela's room to pick something up to help with the idea and I found one person in there. She had jeans on with a hoodie and was working/adjusting a wristband or bracer. I knocked so I didn't scare her. She looked up and noticed me and put down her tools.

???: "Hello I don't think we've have met. I'm Monika Weiss or IQ."

YN: " Well I'm YN Petrenko I was told by Lera to find you for help on my gadget idea .

She grinned and waved me over to the table she was working on.

Monika: " You were told right what's the idea?"

I set my helmet on the table and started to explain.

YN: " I want to put a sonar in my headset so I don't get snuck up on and to "see" through walls."

She nodded her head and said: " So like Pulses but for your helmet."

I just went along with the pulse thing and said yes.

She looked at my helmet and said: " Well I can do it but you couldn't keep the sonar on the entire time it would cause this helmet to burst into flames from the overheating but yeah I can do it."

I thanked her and pointed at the empty bench right next to her and asked if anyone uses it.
She shook her head no and I grinned and ran to the range and grabbed my mg to repair the firing pin.

As I made it back to the room she was hunched over the helmet already had it partly stripped down and she was grumbling.

Monika: "Why does this single helmet have 4 layers of armor?"

YN: " Cause it stops bullets from taking off my head."

She jumped at my voice and noticed I was already next to her setting my mg down to fix it and we continued to work in silence for the next few minutes till she started asking questions.

Monika: " So why do you wear such heavy armor?"

YN: " I was taught by my grandfather that even if my brains can't save lives I better be damn sure my body can. And I may have taken that too literally."

Monika: " Your grandfather sounds like a soldier of sorts."

YN: " He was, god Rest his soul, he served with the red army when they were attacked by the nazis from 1941 to 1945 when he was 23. And that's where he got this." As I finished that short story I slapped the barrel of my gun.

She nodded and said she was impressed at the craftsmanship of the weapon.

We continued to work on out projects in peace throughout the day but we kept asking each other questions about our life's before this.

(A/n hey I'm back on this book for a little bit I just a a bit of writers block on this but it's gone for now.)