Being Along For The Ride

Requested?: Yes, by Pronunce-Me-Love

Word Count: 572

Ship(s): Melanie Martinez X Female!Reader

Warnings: None!

A/N: Hey Everyone! I feel like I've been gone forever when it's just been a few days. Anyway, I made the child genderless so y'all could pick. I made it about it being the child's first day of school with Melanie and the reader being there mommy's. They're about 4/5 in this, the child. Also, if y'all didn't know already I out songs with the chapters and with the song I linked I also want to share another one because it stood out to me while I wrote this one-shot. It's That Green Gentleman by P!ATD. I think y'all should check that sing out as I think it goes with the one-shot in a spiritual way. I hope I'll enjoy the one-shot!

_______
(Y/N)'s POV

All I could hear was shuffling from downstairs. Melanie and (C/N) were probably getting ready, I should get up too. I walked to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. After that, I washed my face and got dressed. As I walked down the stairs of my and Melanie's home I could smell pancakes being made. I say (C/N) sitting at the counter watching Mel make the pancakes. I sat next to them, "Good morning (C/N)! Are you excited for your first day of school?"

"No, Mama I'm not." They looked down at there feet dangling from the stool they were sitting on. "Why not baby?" I looked at them, lifting their chin up so I could make eye contact. "Mommy said that y'all can't stay with there and that ill be alone the whole day!" (C/N) had started to tear up when they were halfway through there sentence. I just looked at Melanie who had turned around when she heard (C/N)'s sobs. "Oh (C/N)! It will be okay. Mama and I are going to pick you up at 3, I promise." Melanie went to wrap our child into a hug.

I got up and put pancakes onto plates for all of us to eat. After getting out the butter and syrup I sat back down. "I will be okay baby I promise. You will get to meet a lot of new people and maybe even get to make some new friends. And then at the end of the day, Mommy and I will come to pick you up and you can tell us about your day. We can get ice cream and everything."

A smile started to grow on (C/N)'s face, "Really Mama? Ice cream?" I had always been kinda strict about sweets with (C/N) because Melanie always had a sweet tooth. "Yeah (C/N), ice cream." After that (C/N) was super excited about their first day of school. When they were done with their breakfast they hopped out of there stool and ran to bet there backpack. "They seem really excited now." Melanie said to me, moving closer to wrap her arms around me. "You really are a miracle worker." She laughed at her own words making me look at her and laugh also.

"I'm so lucky to have you, " I looked into Melanie's eyes as I said this next part, "I don't know what I would be doing right now if I had never met you. You've made my life so much brighter." I moved in to kiss Melanie but we heard (C/N) running down the stairs. "I'm ready!" (C/N) yelled as she made her way towards us. "Okay baby let's get you into the car." Melanie ended up carrying them to the car and buckling them into their car seat.

I drove to the school and we walked in with (C/N). Meeting Mrs. Heather and telling her that (C/N) was kinda scared about their first day. Mrs. Heather began to tell (C/N) that they were going to have a lot of fun together and that there was nothing to be scared of. We said our goodbyes and me and Mel walked back to the car. Our baby was growing up and there really wasn't anything we could really do about it besides be along for the ride.
_______