Don't Be Nervous

Requested?: Yes, by Pronunce-Me-Love

Word Count: 940

Ship: Melanie Martinez X Female!Reader

A/N: I wrote this in one setting! I'm very proud of that that this one-shot. I think it's so cute! So I'm trying to find some more time to write for you all, I really am I promise. I can get kinda busy though so updates may slow down a bit as I get more into my college course and my actually schooling starts. I also got onto my local library's Teen Council so that will take up some of my time too. I have two other requests to write as well. I'll try to get them wrote as soon as I can! Also, the shirt that I use in this one-shot is actually one I own and it's so cute to me! I love it! Okay, to the one-shot!

Warnings: Insecurities

Key: (F/O/T/W) = Favorite Outfit To Wear

_______

  I walking aimlessly around my local mall trying to find a new (F/O/T/W). My search was not going well. Everything I tried on just didn't seem appropriate to wear to the meeting of my girlfriend's child! (C/N) was everything to Melanie and I just know that if they don't like me things between Mel and I will probably end. Kids have that effect on their parents, especially single parents. I decided to stop at the food court to grab a snack real quick. I sat down with the pretzel I decided to get and tested my friend, (F/N). I need help ASAP, is what I texted them. Taking a bite out of my pretzel I saw the three little dots if them typing back come up.

~

(F/N): WHAT'S GOING ON?????

(Y/N): I need help picking out something to wear when I meet Melanie's child. Help!

(F/N): Just wear that one number, you know the one with the pink flowers?

(Y/N): You mean this one? *picture sent*

(F/N): Yes! Just wear some black pants/a black skirt you'll look great!

(Y/N): Okay! Thank you so much!

~

  I had finished my pretzel so I decided to go home. I don't have dinner with Melanie and (C/N) for another week, I hope it goes well.

  I'm standing in front of my mirror looking at myself. Is it good enough? Will they like me? That's all I could think about till my phone dinged, a reminder. It saying that I need to leave so I could beat traffic. I grabbed my bag and car keys walking out my door towards my car. Tonight is going to be interesting.

  The restaurant Melanie had chosen was nice, not fancy but just enough for it to be nicer than most. I pulled into the parking lot and sat in my car for a minute. I could see Mel's car in the parking lot, signaling she was there. That (C/N) was there. Why am I so scared of what a child thinks of me? Is it because I think Melanie would leave me if they hate me? Is it because I don't feel like I'm good enough for Melanie? I could hear my phone ding from my bag, It's Melanie. "I can see your car from a window. Are you going to come in?" She had texted me that. I opened my car door and walked into the restaurant, spotting Melanie's pink and black hair almost instantly.

  "Hey!" I said with a smile that could give the joker a run for his money. "Hi, baby!" Melanie said getting up to give me a hug, kissing me on the cheek too. "Don't be nervous! (C/N) loves you already, I know it!" She looked at me with a big smile and sat back down. I sat down across from her. She went to pick up her two-year-old from the high chair they had brought Melanie. "(C/N), This is (Y/N), my girlfriend." (C/N) waved at you but didn't say anything. "Hi (C/N)," I said as I waved back, "It's so nice to finally meet you!"

  Melanie and I have been dating for only a year but in that short time, I learned a lot about (C/N) and Melanie's situation during that time. Seeing pictures and videos only did so much though. "So shall we order?" I asked, "We shall." Melanie responded. We both ended just getting some pasta dishes that we didn't know how to pronounce. Melanie also got (C/N) some butternut squash soup. I'm telling you, watching them slurp up that soup by themselves was so cute.

  When they were full and me and Mel were almost done with our meals, (C/N) wanted to be held. Melanie sat her fork down and reached for (C/N) but before she could (C/N) said, "No!" then they proceeded to point at me and say "Please?" I reached for (C/N) and let them stand on my lap for a little bit and played with them. Giving them all the love and attention I could. I did, however, want to go back to my meal so I sat (C/N) down in my lap with my arm around them keeping them there. I had done it with cousins before so I wasn't that worried about it.

  After our meal, we decided to order some chocolate cake and I noticed that (C/N) had fallen asleep on me. "Oh my God Melanie! (C/N)'s fell asleep in me!" I smiled so widely, so happy they felt safe enough to sleep on me. "I have to take a picture." Melanie pulled out her phone and proceeded to take the one in a lifetime picture. "You two are so precious together." After that, our waiter brought us our chocolate cake. Between the two of us, we ate it all. As we started to leave I handed (C/N) to Melanie.

  "I had so much fun tonight." I said as I walked Mel to her car. "I did too!  I'm so happy you got to meet (C/N) tonight." Melanie had strapped (C/N) into their car seat. "I love you." "I love you too. Be safe getting home," I hugged Melanie before she got into her car, "and text me when you get home." "I will, I promise." Melanie started her car and drove off home. As I walked to my car I released how silky I had been worrying so much about tonight. It was great! (C/N) loves me, I think...