My Sunflower

Requested?: Yes, on Tumblr By Anonymous

Ship: Mother!Melanie Martinez X Child!Reader

Word Count: 340

A/N: This is a request from my Tumblr. They asked for another Child!reader one shot with Mommy!Melanie. I took one of the ideas they sent with the request because they sent four I think. I choose to do one with Mel and the reader watering there garden. I think it's cute, enjoy.

_______
Melanie's POV
  I was currently filling up my watering can when (Y/N) came running outside to where I was. "Mommy! Are you going to water our plants?!" (Y/N) was standing right beside me while I filled my water can. "I sure am baby. Do you want to help me?" I looked over to here and they had the biggest and most beautiful on her face, "Can I, Please?" (Y/N) asked. "Of Course baby, you just have to go get your watering can." Before I even finished my sentences they were running off to my shed looking for it. I had bought (Y/N) their own that was smaller than mine and was easier for them to carry.

"I have it, Mommy!" (Y/N) came running back to me, watering can in hand. I set my now full watering can aside and took it from there hands. They sat on the ground next to me as I filled the watering can. When I finished we both stood up and grabbed our watering cans. As we walked to our garden (Y/N) grabbed my hand, I smiled down at her. When we got there, we started watering the flowers first. Starting with the Sunflowers and ending with the Echinacea. Having Stonecrops and Snapdragons in the middle, as well.

  We made our way to the fruits and vegetables next. Starting with our Blackberries, Raspberries, and blueberries. And ending with Cucumbers and Squash. Picking some as we went. Walking back to our home (Y/N) looked up at me and said: "I had fun watering with you Mommy." They smiled up at me, I smiled back at them. "I did too (Y/N), how about when we get inside we bake some berry scones?" Their eyes lit up and they started running to the door. I began running after them.

Everyday (Y/N) always showed me just how amazing life can be and I would never trade them for anything in the world. They are my sunshine, they are my sunflower.
_______