3 O' Clock

> Sophie's POV <

After a nice, long nap in the middle of the day, Sophie woke up refreshed (but still emotionally shaken). She'd puzzled over what happened the night before, whether it was real or if it was all just a dream. Her thoughts went straight to the second option, but Sophie's heart was telling her otherwise.

"Hey, sweetie! You're finally awake I see." Sophie jumped. It was Edaline, coming to check in on her daughter. She conjured up some purple-y sort of mush that tasted like waffles for Sophie to eat.

"How long have I been asleep?" she asked.

"About 5 hours."

"5 HOURS?!" Sophie exclaimed.

"It's alright, honey. Only one of your friends has tried to contact you in the past couple hours." Immediately Sophie knew who it was.

"It was Keefe, wasn't it?" Edaline nodded. She ran a hand down her face. I mean, she didn't not like Keefe or anything like that, but it was more about the nerves from the night before. If Keefe called her and made a joke about their kiss...well, let's just say it wasn't a conversation she was looking forward to.

Reluctantly, she grabbed her Imparter off of her nightstand and kindly asked Edaline for some privacy.

"Hey, Foster!" Keefe greeted her.

"Hey." She didn't really know what to say. The words were just sitting on the tip of her tongue.

"Why the sad face? Was I too good of a kisser?" And there it was. Sophie cringed at the thought, but her heart did it's stupid fluttery thing (for the first time around Keefe).

"S-so...that r-really did h-happen?" Her voice was shaky.

"Yeah, Foster, I guess it did. And of course, you'll choose Fitz. Just skip the whole rejection part and tell me that it's not gonna work out." Keefe sighed.

"Actually--" She was interrupted by a sudden slam of her door. But it was just the wind coming through her window.

"As I was saying--before the wind kicked in--I think...I might have feelings for you, too." A loud screech came from the Imparter. When Keefe had finally brought it back to show his face, it was bright red.

"Wanna come over this afternoon? Say, around 3:00?" he squealed. How can I say no to that? He's adorable! Sophie thought to herself. After a moment, she nodded. The Imparter clicked off and a loud PLOP! sounded as Sophie spread out on her bed. What had she done? And more importantly: how was she going to tell Fitz?

> Keefe's POV <

Keefe couldn't sleep. His eyes were wide open. The footsteps of his father could be heard outside the door. After a while, he got up out of bed and changed. He'd been lying there for 5 hours with nothing else to do. Most of his prank boxes had been discovered and confiscated by his dad. All of his books he had already read. The only thing he could think of now was to eat a little food and then call his best friend (and crush).

"Father, can you bring me some food?" he called out. A few minutes later, a bowl of green cookie-like biscuits were given to him. They tasted like Thanksgiving dinner, each biscuit a different aspect of the buffet.

"That's all your getting until dinnertime!" his father called back. Keefe shrugged and picked up his Imparter. Just as his finger touched the screen, Sophie called. He answered her call.

"Hey, Foster!"

"Hey," she replied. Something sounds off about her today, Keefe thought to himself.

"Why the sad face? Was I too good of a kisser?" he asked her. Slightly hurt by her reaction, he decided to get to the point.

"Yeah, it really happened. And of course, you'll choose Fitz. Just skip the whole rejection part and tell me that it's not gonna work out." He sighed.

"Actually--" Sophie was cut off for a second due to a big SLAM! in the background. Keefe knew not to get his hopes up, but his heart did it regardless.

"As I was saying, I think...I might have feelings for you, too," she told him. Instantly, he leaped up in the air about three feet off the ground in celebration. He was not expecting that response at all. He got a hold of himself again and cleared his throat. His face had turned bright red.

"Wanna come over this afternoon around 3:00?" he asked with delight. The biggest smile in the world came over his face when Sophie nodded. He clicked off and danced around the room. He couldn't wait until 3:00.

Hey y'all! I hope you enjoyed this chapter of The Spark: A Sokeefe Story. I tried out something new with the POVs. Let me know which format you prefer better; POVs or regular. This one is a tad bit longer than the others, I believe. Once again, I apologize for not posting earlier. School started and it's been hard to fit this in.

Question of the Day: How should Sophie tell Fitz that she likes Keefe over him? Comment your vote down below!

Thanks again for reading! Love y'all! <3