Kiss Under the Stars

> Sophie's POV <

When I returned from Everglen, Edaline took me straight into the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetie. You seem really stressed lately. Is something going on?" she asked.

"No, just schoolwork. I think I'm just getting used to it. That's all." I silently gasped. I just lied to Edaline. But that didn't stop me from running upstairs and calling Keefe on my Imparter. It was almost 9:00 PM, but I couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Hey, Foster!"

"Hey, Keefe!" I said too fast and too quickly.

"Wow looks like someone's excited," Keefe teased. "Wanna meet up at the Panakes Tree tonight? We'll have a moonlight picnic!"

My heart fluttered at the sound of it. "Of course! I'll see you at...10:00?"

"Sounds like a date! See you, Foster." The Imparter clicked and turned off. I sighed happily but then realized that I needed to get dressed and ready. Luckily for me, Sandor was off with Grizel, and Grady and Edaline were already asleep. Shuffling through my closet, I couldn't find anything that looked nice enough for a date. Finally, shoved in the corner of my closet, I found a beautiful teal dress that Biana had given me. It had gems above the stomach, and it had some layering down at the bottom with thin straps on the top (Author - I'm describing the dress down below).

 It had gems above the stomach, and it had some layering down at the bottom with thin straps on the top (Author - I'm describing the dress down below)

After throwing on the teal dress, I applied my brown-ish eyeshadow and the golden eyeliner that Biana had given me. Then I put on some mascara, blush, and highlight. My hair looked like a train wreck, so I brushed it out and pulled it into a soft braid. Finally, I grabbed the bejeweled silver (low) heels from my shoe organizer and put them on. Out the door I went, as quietly as possible. I kept all of the lights off, but I was using a small flashlight.

Not so much as a sound came from Grady and Edaline's room as I passed by. At one point, the floor creaked and I freaked out. But nobody stirred, and I made it safely outside. The stars were beautiful, and the sun had just set about an hour ago. Keefe saw me and ran to pick me up in his arms. We sat down on the blanket he had set out and cuddled under the one we weren't sitting on. He wrapped me in his arms; I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Oh! I almost forgot! I brought snacks for us to share," Keefe exclaimed as he pulled out a picnic basket. It was filled with mallowmelt and ripplepuff (two of my favorite desserts) along with some other unknown treats.

"Why don't we save those for later--" I shoved the snacks aside "--and do this right now." I planted my lips on his, and at first, I thought he wasn't going to kiss me back. But then, oh then, he did. We were in sync. It was magical. There's no words to describe it. We were one. I melted into his lap and he grabbed my waist. He picked me up and then set me down. After about a minute or two, the kiss became deeper. More passionate. It was as though the world was gone. It was just us. Nobody else.

Overwhelmed by the amazing feeling, I pulled away and breathed out.

"Wow." I had no words. It was the most incredible moment ever.

"So...what do we do now?" Keefe asked. I didn't know what to feel.

"I don't know." One side of me kept chanting KISS KISS KISS KISS! while the other side of me was wondering what to do about Fitz. It was like my insides were playing tug of war! Instead of sitting there, doing nothing about anything, I decided to confront Keefe.

"Keefe, I need to tell you something."

"Anything, Foster."

"I haven't told Fitz about us yet...and I'm really scared that him hearing about what just happened is going to make the situation so much worse. I don't know what to do anymore, because I can't lie to him, but I also don't have the heart to let him down. What do you think I should do? Because this doesn't only affect my relationship with him, but your friendship as well," I concluded. Keefe had opened his mouth to answer, then closed it after hearing the last sentence.

Both of us sat there, stumped, not a clue of what we should do.

"I think we should tell him, before our relationship gets any more serious. Because the more that happens between us, the more mad he'll be when he finds out you've been going behind his back." I nodded. He brought up a good point. But Fitz is sensitive, and almost anything (if it hits him in the right area) can cause him to blow.

~~~~~~~~~~~THE NEXT DAY~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at Everglen with Sandor and Edaline. My adoptive mother insisted on coming with me so that she could catch up with Della. And Sandor--well, he kind of just follows me everywhere--was there for protection.

"Hey, Soph! How are you?" Fitz asked. I'd already said hello to Biana, and I had stalled long enough.

"I'm pretty good. A little nervous," she replied. The last part was not meant to come out.

"Why are you nervous? We both like each other, so it shouldn't be awk--" I pulled him aside. "Fitz, I need to have a serious conversation with you. Can you do that?" Fitz nodded. I blew out a breath. "Okay. Here goes."

"So basically, when we kissed, I didn't feel anything, and I thought it was just because I did something wrong. But when Keefe kissed me, I felt a spark. Something I didn't feel when I was with you. It was a sleeping fire, growing each day. And now, I don't really feel for you anymore. I'm really sorry and I hope this isn't the end of our relationship and that we can still be friends. But I think we should break up," I blurted out. I had said everything so fast that Fitz sat there for a second to comprehend.

"Wait, wait, wait. So lemme get this straight. You kissed me and thought it was meant to be until you kissed Keefe and realized that he's the one you want? And you've been leading me on this entire time? Not cool," Fitz responded coldly.

"I know Fitz, and I'm really, really sorry that things came out this way. I truly am. I always thought that you were going to be the one, but I guess not."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hello all my lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed my newest chapter of this story. This one's a little more sappy than the last few, but I really think it had more meaning to it. Plus, I hit 1,000 words! Yay! Keep reading to find out Fitz's reaction in the next chapter of The Spark: A Sokeefe Story.

Question of the Day: How do you think Fitz should/will react? Comment your answer down below and it may be featured in the next chapter!

Thanks for reading! <3