Broken Love

"Keefe? Are you here?" Sophie called out. 3 o' clock had come, and she still hadn't told Fitz about her and Keefe. So she decided to just go to the meetup and relieve some of her stress. It was pretty hard to ditch Sandor, but she did it.Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. His footsteps could be heard from outside as Keefe raced downstairs to meet Sophie. Or maybe it was her heart....

"Hey...Foster," he said, out of breath.

"Hi Keefe," she replied with a little chuckle.

"So...what do we do now?" he asked. They scooted a little closer. Their eyes met.

"I...don't know," Sophie replied. "But I still haven't told Fitz about, you know, us. As far as I'm concerned, he thinks I'm his girlfriend."

"But...you want to be with me, right?" Keefe pleaded.

"I don't know what I want!" Sophie practically yelled. Tears began streaming down her face.

"Hey, there's no need for tears! What did I do? What can I do to help? What's wrong?" Sophie didn't want to answer any questions. She just wanted to go home and sit alone in her room away from boy problems that she thought she'd never have. But the last question hit the mark.

"Keefe, do you even understand the effect of the decision I have to make?! If I stay with you and break up with Fitz, then it will ruin our friendship! And if I go back to Fitz, then I'll ruin OUR friendship! Everything will fall apart, including our friend group! Ugh, you wouldn't understand!" Keefe just sat there, speechless. Tears that were once falling to the ground had burned up in Sophie's rage. She plopped herself down right next to Keefe.

"Hey, I'm really sorry it came out that way. I didn't mean t--" He stopped her mid-sentence.

"No, Fost--Sophie. You have all the right reasons to be mad. I'd even understand if you want to break up with me. I just...never realized how deep the situation is. Maybe we should all just take a break," he concluded. Sophie nodded. She then realized that all roads led to telling Fitz that she liked Keefe, not him.

Wrapping Keefe in the biggest hug she'd ever given, Sophie said goodbye. She jumped off the cliffs nearby and teleported back to Havenfield.

"Hey, honey, where've you been?" Edaline asked. Sophie opened her mouth to say 'At Everglen with Biana' but Grady beat her to it.

"Don't even think about telling us that you were at Everglen. I already called Alden." Sophie ran an invisible hand down her face. Then something popped into her mind.

"I was at...the Panakes Tree! Suddenly I felt the need to go down there, and one of the animals had escaped from the pastures. It was one of the two Tasmanian Tigers, I think. I went and got it some treats and he came back with me." Sophie smiled convincingly.

"Wow! Thanks for doing that, Soph. I don't know what we'd do without you," Grady complimented. He gave her a hug, and then she ran upstairs and grabbed her Imparter. She hesitated before calling Fitz. Wait a second. It's really rude to break up with someone over Imparters. Maybe I'll just go to Everglen and tell him.

To Everglen she went. Sandor went with her this time, yelling at her the whole way there about sneaking off even in emergencies. All she heard was 'blah, blah, blah.' In no time, they got to Everglen. Biana ran out to give Sophie a hug, and Fitz waited at the door.

"Hey, Sophie!" He pulled her into a hug and kissed her on the cheek.

"Woah, buddy, slow down," is what Sophie wanted to say to him. But, not gonna lie, it felt really good to see him again. Her heart did a small flutter, but nothing compared to the usual ones. She pulled out of the hug and they all walked inside.

"Hey, Sophie, can we talk for a second?" Fitz asked.

"Sure." Fitz pulled her into the kitchen.

"So, I've been thinking, and I think we should have our first date soon. Oh! That reminds me. I got you something!" He ran to another room in the house (more like castle) and came back with flowers and some Prattles.

"Wow, Fitz!" She didn't know what to say. This was the moment she was planning to break up with him. But how could she?!

"Do you like it? I can always go and get you something els--"

"It's perfect, Fitz. I love it, and you." As soon as the words came out of her mouth, she realized what a big mistake she'd made. She just told Fitz that she loved him! How was she gonna break up with him now?

Fitz pulled her into another hug. When he pulled away, there was little space between them. Fitz leaned in and kissed her. Biana walked in a few seconds later.

"Um, am I interrupting something here?" They both jumped and stood there, awkwardly.

"No, not at all," Sophie said sarcastically. Biana laughed and they both left. Fitz stood in the kitchen, alone.

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading this chapter of The Spark: A Sokeefe Story. Has Sophie gone in too deep? Will she ever be able to get back to Keefe? Comment your opinion down below!

Question of the Day: Should Sophie stay with Fitz? Or should she break up with him and go back to Keefe? Find out what her decision is in the next few chapters!

Thanks for reading! <3

P.S. I know that I haven't been posting lately. I'll try to be more consistent! :)