3) The Stealing (Remastered)

Clarke's POV

I was at Kane's office. We always have to discuss our plans with him before we commit a crime. My mother, Abby is next to him as mum pays her part of the debt in nature.

- Clarke, this is not safe. Last time that male detective shot you. If he would've shot you in the head, you wouldn't be alive now. You're lucky he shot the vest.

- But we will be more careful this time. We won't be there anymore when the police arrives.

- I have to assure your safety first. I will place snipers to the entrace, and they will shoot everyone who tries to attack you.

- That's really not necessary, I can take care of myself. Now at least I know what we're up against.

- I don't care. We need this mission to go perfectly, and the only way we can assure that is helping you with more guns.

I shook my head and stood up from the chair. Mom looked at me with worry in her eyes. I would rather die than to let them kill innocent people.

I walked through the corridors quickly, and I dialed the Detective's number.

- Hello.

- Who is it?

- You didn't save my number? - I sounded offended.

- I did, but I still don't know your name

- If I told you, then it wouldn't be that interesting, would it?

- Okay, so how should I call you, Ms. Asshole?

- Clarke will do.

- Well Clarke, I'm Lexa. Why did you call me?

- Did you get my present?

- You mean your compensation? - She laughed - Yes I got it, thank you.

- So I called you because.. I assume you know I'm kind of the criminal that you were asked to catch?

- Uhmm. - She hesitated, I probably caught her off-guard with that one.

- Did you figure out what to do with that map?

- I guess I should be at the circled location at 3:07.

- Yes, but don't be there. There will be snipers shooting at the entrance. I don't want anyone to get hurt. Our boss ordered them to kill, and it will be a battlefield.

- Then why are you going? Can't you just not show up to the robbery?

- I'm sorry Lexa, but I can't tell you. Just don't get yourself killed.

- Okay. However, why would I believe you? Maybe you just say these things to scare me away.

- Maybe I am, but our team would still rob that bank easily if you were there, so consider saving yourself.