001.

Blaire Woods
Blaire ran her fingers through her hair, looking around her as she stepped off the school bus. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Last year, she had made a fool of herself by throwing her soup all over Ryan Evans.

She mentally made a note to avoid Ryan Evans this year.

As she walked past the basketball team, she was dragged back by Chad Danforth. "Hey, Carrot." He sniggered- referring to the carrot soup. "I bought extra clothes this year in case-" he laughed.

Blaire sent him a glare and slipped out of the crowd and went to find Sharpay. "Hey Shar." She smiled and then saw Ryan behind her. "H-hi Ryan.." She stuttered.

Too late. Mental note has been torn-

Ryan raised an eyebrow and leaned against Blaire's locker. "Hm? You still embarrassed about last year- trust me it's fine-" he told her reassuringly.

Blaire was surrounded by whispers and stares. "It's carrot. Oh no. Everyone put your jackets on!" Someone yelled.

Blaire went red. "My name is Blaire.." she muttered, hiding behind Sharpay.

Sharpay looked down at her. "Hmph, Blaire can you just pass me that bag-"

Blaire passed her a pink bag with 'SE' printed on it. She turned to face Ryan. "No I'm sorry-"

Ryan managed to let a laugh slip. "At least carrots taste good?"

Blaire suddenly went red again. "You really are a carrot, Blaire." He said to her, laughing.

Blaire shut up and laughed slightly.

Sharpay rolled her eyes at them both and looked in the mirror in her locker before closing her locker. "Get a room." She told them both.

Blaire and Ryan looked at eachother before mentally smacking themselves. "I don't like Blaire." Ryan said, his eyes wide. "And Ryan is definitely not my type."

Ryan pretended to cry. "Yeah yeah shortcake." He said dramatically, before catching up to Blaire and Sharpay.

All of a sudden, Blaire was staring at the floor. She had slipped on something and hurt her leg. "Ow.... Shar, Ry. Help.."

She heard sniggers surround her.

"Looks like Carrot has been eaten up and spat out-" said a girl in the distance.

Blaire stood up weakly. "Shame on all of you-" she told the people laughing before limping out of the building and sitting on a brick wall.

The brunette was approached by Gabriella Montez. "Are you okay?" She mumbled over to her, sitting next to Blaire.

Blaire nodded, wiping her eyes. "Last year I spilt my carrot soup on Ryan Evans and people still make fun of me-" she sighed, before standing up.

"Have you got drama next?"

"Yeah."

"Follow me."

Blaire took her into drama class. "You can sit with me,- what's your name?"

"Gabriella. Gabriella Montez."

"Blaire. Blaire Woods. Welcome to east high, Gabriella."

Blaire sat behind Taylor McKessie, Gabriella taking a seat next to her.

"I trust you all had splendid holidays! Check the sign up sheets in the lobby- Mr Bolton. Especially our Winter Musicale, we will have single auditions for our supporting roles and pairs auditions for our two leads-"

Blaire saw Chad blow a raspberry, leaving Miss Darbus unamused. "This is a place of learning, Mr Danforth. Not a hockey arena!"

Chad lowered his basketball onto his lap, his eyes rolling slightly.

"There is also a final sign up sheet for next week's scholastic decathlon competition. Chemistry Club president Taylor McKessie can answer all of your questions about that."

Blaire heard a ringing noise erupt from the classroom. She picked up her phone, checking the number. She realised she had missed a text and left it for later.

SHAR♥️:
Don't wear pink today, I'm wearing pink. No outfit clashes.

Blaire nodded at Sharpay and then heard Miss Darbus speak. "Ah, the cell phone menace has returned to our crucible of learning."

Gabriella, Sharpay and Ryan check their phones. "Is it ours?" Sharpay whispered to Ryan. Blaire saw Gabriella's screen flash.

Miss Darbus shoved a large tin in Sharpay and Ryan's faces. "Cell phones." She said sternly.

With a look of injustice, Ryan and Sharpay both relinquished their phones. "I will see you in detention. Miss Montez. We have zero tolerance for cell phones in class, so we will get to know each other in detention. Cell phone."

Gabriella puts her phone in the can, sighing.  "
And welcome to East High, Miss Montez."

"Mr. Bolton I see your phone is involved. So we will see you in detention as well-"

Troy dropped his phone into the hell-can. Well that's how he saw it.

Chad tapped Miss Darbus, "That's not even a possibility Miss Darbus. Your Honor, see 'cause we have basketball practice, and Troy..."

Miss Darbus raised an eyebrow before placing a hand on her hip. "Ah, that will be 15 minutes for you too, Mr. Danforth. Count 'em!"

Blaire still had her phone in her hands, reading Sharpay's 14 messages.

"That could be tough for Chad, since he probably can't count that high-" she heard. She had no clue who said it.

"Miss McKessie, 15 minutes!"

Ah. Taylor.

Taylor gasps, her hand on her chest. "I-I."

"Blaire Woods. What a surprise. How many times do I have to tell you not to pull your cellphone out in class?" Miss Darbus sighed, making Blaire drop her phone into the tin.

Blaire looked up at her, cheeks red. Ryan looked over at her and whispered, "You really do pull your phone out every lesson, Shorty."

Blaire smiled at him and whispered back, "Sharpay texts me like one hundred messages a day. I have no choice, Ry Ry."

"Shall the carnage continue? Holidays are over, people Way over! Now any more comments, questions?" Miss Darbus Asked, tapping a foot.

Jason raised his hand timidly.

"Jason?"

"How were you holidays, Miss Darbus?"

Everyone looked at each other and groaned, zoning out and whispering to each other as Miss Darbus droned on.

Jason turned to face the classroom, he was sat on Blaire's right, Gabriella on her left. "What?" He asked innocently, hands falling to his sides.

The bell rang, and Blaire watched Troy pull Gabriella aside before catching up to Sharpay.

-

Troy was looking at their audition list. "I wouldn't think impossible was in your vocabulary?" Blaire said, Sharpay agreeing.

Troy looked at her, before watching Sharpay scribble her name on the audition list.

"Nice penmanship-" Gabriella piped up.

Ryan walked up behind Blaire. "You should sign up."

Blaire looked at him, eyes wide. "Its not my thing." She said plainly before walking off and around the corner.

Ryan shouted behind her. "We'll settle this tonight! I'm coming round to yours-"

Blaire shot him a smile before walking to her next class.

_______________

Hi! Sorry if this was too long- I'm planning on making long chapter. Comment your opinions if you'd like:) next chapter is going to be a song. All the songs that aren't from high school musical in this book are originals.

Enjoy chapter two!