005

⚠️ BRIEF MENTION OF RAPE IN PAST EXPERIENCES ⚠️

Ryan Evans

Ryan walked into homeroom, plopping down next to Sharpay. There was an empty space. Blaire's seat. "She was fine last night.." Ryan said, confused. "How come she's not in today?" He asked Sharpay.

Sharpay looked just as confused. "She might have caught a bug or something- it'll be fine-"

Ryan received a tap on the shoulder from Gabriella. "Somebody told me she's really ill- like really ill-" she whispered, worried.

Ryan stood up, only to be seated again by Ms Darbus. "I need to get Blaire, M'am."

"Mrs Evans has not arrived today." Ms Darbus told him firmly, not realising she slipped up.

"Miss Woods, M'am. I'm banking up the other name." Ryan smiled before receiving looks and comments from other students.

Ms Darbus sighed, "Very well- but be back soon!"

Ryan pulled up at Blaire's alone, knocking on the door. Adam opened it, "Blaire? She's in her room. Be warned. She's in a terrible state. She won't open up though. I don't know where she hides the key-" he said quietly.

Ryan darted upstairs and checked in the flower pot. There was the key. He knew it. He unlocked the door. Blaire was sat there, shaken up. "What's wrong, Blaire?" He asked, sitting next to her.

Blaire passed him her phone. Ryan looked at it. The opening screen was covered in messages from what looked like.... it couldn't be.... Troy Bolton?

Troy 🖕
I get it you don't love me anymore

Shame I still love you

Blaire?

Oh you were a pig anyway

I know you hate me

It's just a shame I hate you too

And don't cry to me because you're with Ryan

Because he's not going to do anything

The whole schools talking about it, Blaire

How he doesn't love you.

How he doesn't WANT you

And definitely how he doesn't need you

Because why would anyone need you, B.

They wouldn't.

I was finished with you the moment you said stop

Are are you gonna call me a liar?

Ryan gulped as he read the messages. He slipped off his shoes before sliding down next to her. "You know I love you, don't you Blaire?"

"What if he's right. You don't need me-" Blaire cried, burying her face in his chest.

He sighed and hugged her, unsure of what to do. "Yes I do, B."

"Don't call me that- that's what he called me.."

"But tell me, what really happened with Troy Bolton?"

"I can't tell you, Ry."

"Blaire Woods. I've known you since you were three years old. Spit it out."

"Something- well- um- we were in here and I never said no but I never said yes and it felt uncomfortable-"

"So basically he raped you?"

"Well.. yeah..."

Ryan took a breath and looked around. "W-woah. Well.. we should get to school."

Blaire shook her head, turning around so she couldn't see him.

"Blaire. I know you're shaky and everything but it's okay. We can get through it together." He whispered over to her.

She shook her head and broke down again. "I miss him so much but it hurt too bad. All the pain of sitting there and taking it when you want it to stop..."

Ryan grabbed her hand and threw some clothes that weren't Pyjamas to her. "Put these on. We're going to school." He told her.

She groaned but put them on anyway. It was a short 'Miami Beach' crop top and high waisted jeans.

Ryan smiled and gave her a wink before running to school with her. They made it there just in time for ten minutes left of homeroom.

Ms Darbus looked at the two, Ryan was holding Blaire's hand tight and he didn't let go even when they sat down. Blaire sent Troy a look.

Troy looked at her. He looked uncomfortable. He had to live with what happened and he didn't mean for it to happen.

Blaire fidgeted, looking down. Sharpay looked at Ryan. Ryan mouthed the words 'I'll explain later' to her before whispering something to Blaire.

"Shh! Mr Evans! If you wish to confess an undying love then do it during three period."

Ryan sighed and waited.

He felt bad for Blaire. Really bad.