New home, new school, new start

Lil:

"Lil you done?" My sis, Vil, shouted.
I gave her no respond, and she returned with her loud footsteps on the wooden staircase, to my room.
3...2...1...
A big bam, and I see her in a classic white shirt with knee length dark blue-purple skirt-uniform.
"Oh, you are awake. You know you could have just respond to me." She went straight to my light blue, constellation bed, like its her own.
"Ya, but I am too lazy, plus why would I do that when I knooooowwwwwenen" I yawned.
"Lil, where is the set of markers Joven gave you?" She said, now at my study table, or the table I use to do other stuff, like drawing, reading, watching, just about anything.
"It's at the 1st drawer from the right." While putting on my skirt.
"Right. It's so beautiful, and easy to use. You know, Joven is your best ex boyfriend ever. Compared to Lev, Kent, he is so nice to you!"
"Ya, I know but...he's just too quiet, and I like to talk so ya."
"Fft, okay, so when are you going to have another boyfriend? I want to know how good he is!" My sis, switching on her gossiping mode already, in the...early morning.
"I can't just have a boyfriend whenever I or you want girl! Plus, we just moved, and do I need to remind you that today is our first day of school. So technically, I have not seen any guys from my school." I looked at her, suddenly she just remember that it has been 3months since we arrived to Washington D.C. with our new...father...
"Sis, you know just now I see how uncle David and mum behave around each other...they look so happy. I still can't believe how fast mum forgets about dad. How we can just transfer from Singapore to America. Ha, haha."
I know that Vil is going to breakdown soon, she always want mum and dad, me and her together. "A perfect picture." She always said.
"Ya, I know. We both know that mum and dad, are not suitable for each other. Anyways, the three boys that you rejected must be so sad! Right after your PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examination) you left. Awww, and that clean freak, your pre school friend- Alexander, the annoying guy-Javier. My sis's boyfriend, my brother-in-law! How could you have left without a note! Hmph!" I said, trying to let her forget about the sad memories.
"Noooo, stop saying that! They are all so ugly, I don't like them okay! Now that we are in America, maybe we will see some hot guys. Like finally."
"Hahaha, maybe. That Daren, your friend's brother, my junior, he's cute and hot what!"
"No. He's just like above average okay!" My sis rolled her eyes. Get off from my bed, as I put my hair together, in place.
"He's not okay! So hot, sigh, if only he likes older girls. I mean I'm just 1 year older man. He rejected me cause of that! Jeez!" I said getting annoyed.
"Well, now that we are in America. Boys here are not that traditional, you probably won't get rejected. Let's go downstairs, otherwise we are going to be late."
"Kkk"
I swing my bag around my shoulder and went down the staircase to be greeted by my mum and...uncle David hugging each other. That...is a scene that I never seen before, maybe in the past. When I am 4 or 5years old, when Vil is 2 or 3years old. The smiles on their faces, so pretty...I thought. Vil beside me, stares at them for 10second before greeting them. The smile, the happiness on her face, her voice all sounds so...forced.
"Hi mum, hi uncle David." I put my schoolbag on the wooden chair. This whole house is full of wooden furniture, so different from my old one when there is a mix of wood, glass and metal. The screeching sound of wooden chair against marble floor is now gone.
"Hey girls, I made breakfast. Lila I heard from Kelly that you like American breakfast. I made the typical bacon, poached eggs and toast. Here, strawberry milk. Have them together." He said, and place the plate and glass in front of me.
Technically, it is that I love bread. My breakfast must be bread or biscuits. American breakfast huh, from my new dad...something new.
"Thanks." I said, and dig in. Not bad. A few months ago, I just took off my braces. If now I have them on, I would not be able to eat this. It will probably break his heart. I scoff.
Vil beside me prefers a Chinese style breakfast, I wonder if he also did another type of breakfast. For the sake of impression.
"Um, Vilna. I didn't have enough time to do another one. Could you eat the same as Lila?"
"Sure. No problem. Thanks." Apparently, Vil is easier going unlike me. If it was me, who saw the plate of oily noodles with fried chicken on it I would just go to my room and take out the bread in my 3rd drawer from the right, and eat it. Technically waste the food he prepared so he made a good choice. Plus, Vil likes bread just like me. I guess it runs in our genes.
"Girls, lets go, otherwise y'all will be late. I will bring y'all to your new school." David said, after 25minutes. Though I technically have not finish my breakfast since I eat quite slowly but okay. I'm full after the glass of milk.
We took our bags and seat in the back seats of the Black Mercedes. I think it is a Coupe or whatever, but, dad says that Mercedes is not cheap, cars are not cheap in Singapore. I wonder if it is the same in America.
I used to seat in front, in the front seat beside dad. But now, it's mum in the front seat but not beside dad, but David.
The car is nice, it is soft, comfortable, the view to school is also something new. It is quite anticipating. Only the fact that these changes come, cause my dad is no longer here. It is quite weird...