The Truth

Lyn's PoV

"Hey, Lyn! You've been spacing out for the whole time already. Quite doing it already! This girl really." I yelp in pain when Raine hit me in the head. My friend thinks he's the most handsome man on earth.

"At least I'm not like you who looks like a pig." And that's the start of the chase on the campus. Hi, I'm Lyn Janey Own, a 14-year-old girl living in a shadow.

"Ahh! Ouch!" We fall and laugh as we landed on the hard floor.

"Lyn!" I looked up because someone shouted my name but I'm not familiar with the voice though. I saw a good looking, tall, pale white boy

"Who are you?"

"I'm Alex Edison Rale. Don't you remember me?"

"Can you please go down? My neck is hurting just from looking at you like this. Can you also tell me who you really are in my life?" He went down while I stand on my foot.

"Alex Edison Rale, a 14-year-old boy who lives in Sta. Ana. Who once asks you to be his girlfriend, now standing in front of you asking for your hand and heart to cooperate and answer me honestly. Lyn Janey Own will you be my girlfriend? Again?"

"Wait a second. Are you..."

Love. Sweetie. Sweet Heart. Honey. Bebi. Sugar Plum. Bee. YAM. Babe. Baby. Mi Amor. Boo.

"Love. Sweetie. Sweet Heart. Honey. Bebi. Sugar Plum. Bee. YAM. Babe. Baby. Mi Amor. Boo." I said the words that suddenly flashes into my mind then I remember who's in front of me, my grade 7 crush and grade 8 ex.

"Aww you remember, I'm touched, Love." I punched his stomach making him yelp in pain and step back for he is a bit taken by shock in what I did.

"Love your face idiot. I don't have time for those who didn't fight for their lover." I walked away but what he said made me stopped in my tracks.

"From what I remember Lyn you're the one who left not me, you're the one who didn't fight because you thought I'll be happy with someone. But how can I be happy when I want that someone to be you who's away from me? I never once stopped fighting for our love Lyn, my feelings for you didn't fade. Believe it or not, it's the truth. And I know that you still have feelings for me. You just don't want me to know because you'll rather get hurt than hurt others but Lyn I'm hurting too can't you see? This hiding thing you are doing is only making yourself sad and hurt from what you are seeing every day. Stop hiding and face me. Stop denying the fact that you still love me because I STILL LOVE YOU TOO!!" I faced him with tears running down my face because every word, every sentence he said was true. I saw him crying, he walked to me and wipe my tears. God knows how much I miss those touch, words, everything about him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry Ed. I'm very sorry Ed." He hugged me tight and I wish to never let go and just-

"WAKE UP!" I was splash by water in the face making me sit on my bed.

"What the! Daine Isaac Own!" I saw him running out of the door. That brother of mine is going to taste and feel revenge again. Just wait I'll have my revenge in no time. I stand up and went to do what I have to do after I was finished I went down and saw Daine, Mom, and Wiliam.

"Morning Lyn, come to have breakfast" I fixed my things and already put my shoes on.

"No thanks mom, I have to go now since I have many things to do in school. Later mom and skaters." I bid farewell and went to school. While I was walking I saw them smiling, laughing, in love and in each other's arms. Remember Lyn you don't have the right to get jealous, you're not his girlfriend anymore. You're his ex and ex will always remain as an ex, no more comebacks, talks, chats nor anything you and him used to do before because that's all in the past. Move on and face the fact that he'll never be yours again because he's already happy with someone else who's not you but wish that it could be you again.

"Hey, Lyn."

"Hello, Marie. Can I borrow your boyfriend for a while?" I didn't look at him but at her eyes only.

"Yeah sure" I signed Alex to follow me and he did follow. Now we are alone you can do this Lyn, I know you can.

"So what is this about exactly?"

"I still love you."

"W-what? Y-you still love m-me?" He looked shocked and stuttered in his words.

"You heard me right, I won't say it again." He looks confused, angry and in love?

"But you left me hanging! You left when I needed you the most Lyn! My mother left to work, to earn money in Dubai and I needed you at that time but you left me broken and sad at that time!" He was angry and I understand that what I did to him wasn't right. I left him but here I am again still in love with him and I don't why I can't stop loving him.

Always smile and cheer up I'm here to stay.

"Always smile and cheer up I'm here to stay."

"But where were you when I needed you the most? Days, weeks, months and a year pass already yet why haven't you come back to the person you said you'll never leave whatever it takes. Now you came back... with a boy, your boyfriend."

No matter what happens I love you for you are yourself.

"No matter what happens I love you for you are yourself." I was crying, everything I've said is the words he said to me when we were still together. I was crying because everything he said was true if only I fight for our relationship then this wouldn't happen.

"Yet you are there with your boyfriend, saying to him what you've said to me, what you've promised."

"Look I'm sorry if you thought I break up with you because I don't love you. But I'm sorry if I'm going to say that I never stop loving and fighting alone, for you. I'm with him but I don't love him like how I loved you. Why can't you just believe me, Alex?" I hold his both hand but he removed them.

"Because if I believe you there's a chance that my heart will hope that we'll have a comeback, that we'll have another chance to continue the relationship we've stopped. And I can't let that happen because I love Marie for she had helped me move on from you."

"Alex, that is not the way of showing what love really is! Because if you really love her you would love her as she is herself not because she helped you moved on from me. Alex, you're like using her, a rebound. Alex I know Marie is hurting from what you are acting right now, this angry feelings for me are making her think that you still love me and the power of obvious is known to be noticed by her. She tells me that and it's the truth Alex, love you very much because you are her first love but I'm afraid that her love for you will weaken. You're her first everything and she is your second but as her first boyfriend, I can't believe that you're just toying with her feelings. Stop using other people to forget about me Alex, help yourself. Stop using my best friend to make me jealous and sad at the same time." The last part came out very wrong.

"What? You're jealous and sad every time you see us together?"

"Yes that's why every time I'll be seeing you two together I would look at another direction because I'm jealous. I can't tell the truth that I'm sad and you two are the reason for it. I don't want to look weak in front of you too because I want to be strong, that even if you two are out of my life doesn't mean I'm weak. I'm sure this half conversation is already over, I'll be leaving first." I left him while he's still in the state of shock and thanked Marie for letting me talk to her boyfriend for a while.

Alex Edison, if only you knew then maybe you'll understand why.

The time will come that I can be able to be happy again and you're not the reason anymore, that I will not be sad and jealous for I have accepted the fact that it's never gonna happen. The comebacks we've done before we won't be doing it again.
-Lyn

---------------------------
Sorry for the wrong grammar and punctuation but I hope you'll continue reading.

-Author