Ending

Lyn's PoV
After the little vow, we have said to each other, we decided to roam around for a bit.

"Love, when we grow old do you think that we'll still be together?"

"I don't really know but I wish we are still together."

"Love, what if one of us decided to leave?"

"Love, I have a confession to make." We stop walking and he looks at me straight in the eye and deeply sighed.

"What is it?"

"I'll be leaving the country but I don't know when."

"What? Why?"

"My mother is in another country and she wanted me to study there too. Come on now, you have to get home. Your brothers will kill me if I didn't get you on time for dinner." He held my hand and walks forward, our walk was silence, only the sounds of our shoes can be heard. When I saw that we are almost near my house I stopped walking.

"Rale." The moment I called his surname he stopped working and slowly turn around, he knew that if I call someone by their surname it means that I'm serious and had been thinking about it. A lot.

"Will the day came that I will be able to catch you when you leave without telling me? Do you think that maybe, just maybe I can stop you from leaving the country we met, befriends and the country that saw the flaws and scars of our relationship?"

"Lyn, I know that you'll follow me, you know why? Because I know that your mother will tell you that I have left and I also know that you wouldn't second think about following me, you love me right?"

"Yes, and you also love me right? I mean if you really love me you wouldn't leave without telling me nor you wouldn't leave me here." I was already at the edge of crying at this very moment. That made Edison hug me tight.

"I'm sorry Lyn, but I have to go there. I love you, Lyn, I really do but I just can't go against my mother's wish." I hugged him back, tight. 

"Ed, why do I feel like this will be the last time that I will be hugging and touching you again?"

"Shh, it's just a feeling Lyn. The important thing is that I love you and that I will always love you." He kisses my head then suddenly I felt my shirt getting soak with his tears.

"Hey, why are you crying?" I tried to pull away from the hug but he only hugged me more.

"I-it's just that I'll miss you very much when I leave. If I ever leave without telling you I'm sorry, for the times I have let you fight alone, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you every single time Love, I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you and all. All I wanted was just for you to be happy."

"I am happy Edison but I'll be happier if you stay here. If you don't want to stay then it's okay, it's your choice. Let's just keep in touch okay?" I felt him just nod and pulled away, I wipe his tears and we smiled at each other.

"I'm thankful that I met someone like you, Lyn."

"I'm also thankful that I met someone like you Edison."

"Come on now, we have to get you home." We continued walking and when we finally reach my house, we bid farewell. I greeted mom and went upstairs, change into my comfortable clothes and went to sleep.

A Few Hours Later

"Lyn?" Mom went inside my room.

"Yes, mom?" I looked at her and step my cellphone away.

"It's about Edison... he's leaving now."

"What!? Why so soon! He can't leave! He wouldn't leave without telling me!" I ran out of the house and saw RJ leaning beside his car. What the! This was my dream!

"RJ? What are you doing here?"

"I know you're going to go and stop Edison that's why I'm here, hop on now." He hops and I ran to the other side to hop in, RJ told the driver to the go to the Winston Airport. When we arrive I didn't wait for the car to park that I went out and RJ followed, I went past the police officer until they stopped me.

"Ms. Please go back, you're not allowed here."

"No, I'm finding a person and he's about to leave."

"I'm sorry Ma'am but you need to leave now."

"I won't leave! Alex! Alex!! ALEX!!" They started to drag me out of the Airport but all I did was shout his name but I lost hope that's why I stopped shouting and just looked at the floor. Ed, don't leave.

"Lyn, come on now, Edison's airplane already left 20 minutes ago before we even came here."

"W-what? No! He wouldn't leave me again without telling me! He promised me RJ, he fucking promised me that he'll stay by my side!"

"Wake up already Lyn! He's gone! He left you here, hanging! Whether you like it or not, we're leaving!" RJ pulled me out of the Airport, into the car and drive us back home. It was all in my dream, but why wasn't Ed there? Did Ed really leave me hanging again?

"Mom! Why didn't you stop them!" As soon as I arrive I shouted at my mom.

"Lyn, if that's what his mother wanted then I can't go against that. I'm only her friend Lyn."

"Exactly mom! You're her friend but you didn't even convince her to let him stay!" I was already crying at the dream and reality I am facing right now.

"Oh, sweetie, I'm very sorry but before Edison leaves. He told me to give you this letter." Mom gave me the letter I assume Edison had written for me, I quickly took it and read it.

Monday
21st August 2019
10:00 PM

Dear Janey Own,

I always knew that I am a man of few words. I had always been having trouble verbalizing my emotions and opening up to someone, even if that someone was you. This quality of mine caused a lot of trouble in our relationship. I was never sure where I stood with you and I could never be certain of my feelings and this would drive me crazy. When I come to think about it, we never actually fought. Whenever there was something bothering you regarding me, you would stay quiet about it. In the meantime, I would spend hours and sometimes days trying to figure out what went wrong and what I did wrong. I was constantly questioning myself while trying to reach you. And of course, I never managed to do that, because I never let you in. No matter how hard you tried, I am always in a distant and I simply didn't know how to change that. Of course, I also questioned your emotions and relationship. Although you never said it out loud, deep down, I firmly hoped that you loved me like how I love you and whenever I confronted you about this, you would tell me that you were by my side and that this was proof enough of your love for me. Although I always wanted more of you, I settled for little crumbs of your love and affection. Goodbye just doesn't mark the end for a chapter but also paves the way for a new beginning. My heart is full of sadness but I won't let it cry. Because I know every ending carries a promise for yet another beginning. My love will not fade just because you are not with me. It will be the same regardless of where you are and what you do.

I don't like goodbyes, it hurts and it leaves you to tears as I am feeling the same without you. I'm sorry, Lyn. For leaving without even telling you but it's for the best then I'll be doing it for both of us. You will always remain to be the brightest and most beautiful star in my world. I hope to meet you again and again as long as I'm alive. Thank you for all the time, efforts, prayers, and love that you have given me. My heart will always remember you! This is not a goodbye, my love, this is a thank you. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Love,
Edison Rale

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
-Lyn

--------------------------
Sorry for the wrong grammar and punctuation but I hope you'll continue reading.

-Author