What if...

Edison's PoV
Wake up already Lyn, fight for me, for us.

I was just looking at her face while holding her hand then suddenly her hand moved.

"Lyn? Are you awake now?" I walked out and called for the doctor.

"Doc! Doc! Lyn's awake now!"

"Ms. Own, how are you feeling right now?"

"Wa...ter" I handed her water and she drank it.

"Just rest and eat the meals that the nurse will be serving Ms. Own and you'll be fine in no time. Nurse check her vitals every hour and report to me by the end of the day." The doctor went out and the nurse soon followed after checking her vitals.

"Lyn, your phone is here and Matthew chatted you, I'm sorry I happened to open ur acc because your suitor chatted and tried the password you told me and it happens to be still the same." She just looked at me and didn't get the phone.

"You shouldn't have read the message and yes, the password was still the same, I never change it ever since the break and I would like to rest so please go out." She turned to the other side making her back facing me and that's the sign that she really doesn't want to talk to me.

"I'm really glad you're awake now Lyn, I'm really sorry for everything that had happened to you after our break up but always remember that I'm here, ready to comfort you, to bring back the old you, ready to be run off by someone like you and only you." I walked out and went to the nearest park which was Cargo Park, I was walking in the park not that far from the hospital and happened to see Matthew guy with... another girl? Does Lyn know about this?

"Hello, Lyn?"

"Yes? What's with the sudden call? Didn't I tell you that I want to rest? How annoying can you really be, Alex."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to annoy you but it's about your suitor, he's with-"

"I'm really tired right now Alex and I don't really want to talk maybe some other time, bye."

"But Lyn your suitor is with another girl...That little piece of shit!" I didn't notice that I have cursed out loud when I saw that Matthew guy kissing the girl, I run up to him and punched his face hard making him drop to the ground his lower lip was bleeding and he looked at me full of anger.

"What the fuck men! I don't even know you and you just run to me and punched my face! Like what the fuck!"

"Lyn's in the hospital you piece of dump-shit! I bet you didn't know that because you were to busy hanging out with other girls if you didn't know I'm Alex Edison Rale, ex of the girl you're courting!" I punched him again making him lose his conscience, I left them and run back to the hospital, back to her room. I leaned on the window and just looked at her face, so strong yet so fragile. What did I do to make you deserve something like this Baby? What if I didn't give up when you said that we should walk in separate ways?

"Ed?" I looked at the door and found Mrs. Own, she entered the room and sat beside Lyn's bed.

"You know Ed, my daughter still loves you, she never stopped and I can say that. She can lie all she wants but a mother knows whether her child is lying or not and I can see that every time I'll be questioning her if she still loves you she'll always lie because she still does but she can't say it. Ed, my daughter sacrifice her happiness because of her Auntie Ivy, she was forced to break up with you because if she didn't Ivy will hurt you and she can't let Ivy hurt you because she loves you so very much that she did it, Ed, it pains me to see my daughter soft on other things but so strong when it comes to you. Ed, stop hurting my daughter, Lyn had enough every time she'll be going to school she always had a poker face and when she arrives home she'll be running straight up to her room and cry all night till she falls asleep, I'm not supposed to tell you this for this is her privacy and past but you deserve to know it all. I know that you still care and that you still love my daughter, I can see it in your eyes." She was just looking at her daughter while saying to me those words.

"Now I know where she got her hobby of looking in the eyes to know if their telling the truth or not I guess she had it with you Mrs. Own, I don't know if I really deserve to know all of this but thank you Mrs. Own for telling me everything about her,  I won't be hurting her anymore. Goodbye Mrs. Own, please take care of her for me." I bid farewell and went out of the hospital, I went home not in the mood to talk to my mother.

"Alex? Can I come in?" I was now laying in my bed and just looking at the ceiling.

"Yes." She opened the door and went to sit beside the bed, beside me.

"Alex, I know there's a problem what is it?"

"Mom, it's just hard to not act like how we used to act before, I've been hurting her for so many times before and now, Mom I don't know if I should still continue on seeing her."

"Alex, follow your heart even if it causes you pain, it may be wrong or right but that's heart, you can only fight for what your heart really wants but you can never fight it alone. If you still love Lyn why not fight for that love? Why not make the first move again to go back together? Alex, Lyn had been hurting all her life and the heartbreaking decision she did was to let you go even if she still loves you, you change Lyn's life Alex and as a mother I also saw how you change and how happy you were when you to were together but after the break, I saw how broken you were and Marie happened to be there and you thought that if you been through another relationship then maybe you'll forget about her but you didn't right? Because your love for her was still there and it never left you, am I wrong or right?" I was crying while listening to her words for a mother who knows more than her child.

"Your right mother. But what if this love can only danger us both? What if these signs can only mean that we have to stop loving each other, what if it's just too move on from each other, and just find new ones, Mom, I can't lose Lyn again. What if this is just really the end of our story? What if I should just stop this, my feelings for her, what if I just end it?" She reaches for my hand and stands me up to sit, she wipes my tears, careless my cheek and smiled.

"Alex, enough with the what if's and start the what if you two were meant to part ways so that you two can find each other again and maybe by that time you two can fight for each other and love without letting go anymore. Love is already a sign of danger to all of us but we never stop loving didn't we? Signs are just signs, sometimes true and sometimes not but those are signs that we have to find out what they really meant, just like me and your father we also parted ways but look at where we are now, we have you and we're a family. Just like our story Alex, if you two are really meant to be destiny will make its way too you both." She hugged me and I hugged back, I cried till I fall asleep

Maybe the saying where right that maybe we were just meant to part ways so that in the future we can fight each other and by that time we'll never let go of each other.
-Edison

---------------------------
Sorry for the wrong grammar and punctuation but I hope you'll continue reading.

-Author