The Gods

This is Greek Mythology that takes place in the modern era.

Acnologia - (Uranus) The first ruler of the world. Father of Zeref, grandfather of Natsu, Gray, and Jellal.

Zeref - (Cronus) The titan king. Son of Acnologia, husband of Mavis, father of Natsu, Gray, and Jellal.

Mavis - (Rhea) The titaness queen. Wife of Zeref and mother of Natsu, Gray, and Jellal.

Natsu - (Zeus) The God of the sky, Zeref and Mavis's youngest child who is training to become the next ruler of the world. He is carefree and unpredictable but is kind, merciful, and fair. Despite his laid back nature he secretly fears that one day he'll end up going mad just like his father and grandfather. When it comes to women he can't resist a pretty face but has commitment issues. Although he has had many girlfriends Lucy is the only woman he ever loved.

Gray - (Hades) The God of the underworld, Zeref and Mavis's oldest child who has a reputation for being dark and evil like his father but is actually patient, gentle, polite, lonely, and fearful. Unlike his younger brothers he was old enough to remember what Zeref did to him and is plagued by nightmares of it. He is madly in love with Juvia but the underworld will freeze over before he admits it.

Jellal - (Poseidon) God of the sea, Zeref and Mavis's middle child who rules the oceans and seas. He is much more mature, reasonable, and responsible than his brothers but can be very moody. He is also extremely territorial and very protective of those who dwell in his domain. He is very much enamored with Erza.

Lucy - (Hera) Goddess of marriage and love, her job is to play matchmaker and help mortals and gods alike find suitable matches. Mavis hires her to find a suitable queen for Natsu but she ends up falling for him. She is regal, compassionate, helpful, and understanding but gets very jealous when Natsu flirts with other girls and she can't stand it when people are unfaithful to their spouses or lovers.

Juvia - (Persephone) Goddess of spring, who loves to fill the world with thriving nature and healthy flora and fauna. She is innocent, loving, maiden like, and friendly. She has lived a very sheltered life and wants to learn about the world. Unlike all the other Gods she isn't afraid of Gray and takes an instant liking to him which quickly turns to love.

Erza - (Athena) Goddess of wisdom and battle, she is often considered the voice of reason for all the gods. She is very wise, intelligent, resourceful, and motherly. Though she is a goddess of battle she does not believe in the use of violence unless it's absolutely necessary. She often tries to break up petty battles between gods. She secretly returns Jellal's feelings.

Gajeel - (Hephaestus) God of blacksmiths, he makes weapons for the Gods and runs a business selling them. He is gruff, rebellious, is extremely strong, posses a nasty temper, but has a soft side. Most of the gods consider him unattractive and mean so they avoid him, except for Levy and Juvia who know that he's a sweet guy deep down.

Levy - (Demeter) Goddess of harvest, she sees to it that the mortals are well fed by having crops, fruits, and grain grow and flourish. She is Juvia's older sister and is very protective of her, believing that she is too naive for the world. She is one of the few gods who are kind to Gajeel and even starts to grow romantic feelings for him.

Mirajane - (Hestia) Goddess of hearth and family, like Erza she is a goddess with a motherly personality. She enjoys filling the homes of mortal families with warmth and is beloved by all the gods.

Elfman - (Ares) God of war, a manly god who is Mirajane's younger brother. He aids mortals in wars and battles. He is tough, strong, and an excellent fighter but is gentle as a lamb when it comes to his sisters. He has an on/off relationship with Evergreen.

Lisanna - (Iris) Goddess of the rainbow, Mirajane and Elfman's sister. A playful and sweet goddess who delivers all the messages of the goddesses.

Evergreen - (Aphrodite) Goddess of beauty and desire, she is elegant and sought after by many men but is very vain and arrogant. She can't stand it when someone says that another goddess is more beautiful than her however she does have her sweet side. She is Elfman's on again off again girlfriend.

Laxus - (Apollo) God of the sun, an arrogant and self centered god who considers himself superior to the other gods and chases after women more so than Natsu but he is good intentioned and means well.

Bickslow - (Hermes) God of speed and the wind, he serves as messenger to the gods. He is mischievous and loves to play tricks on mortals.

Freed - (Dionysus) God of festivities, he is Laxus's best friend and is always supportive of him but will speak up against him if he does something wrong.

Cana - (Artemis) Goddess of the wild, the headstrong and free spirited goddess who swears to never marry or never get involved with men. She spends most of her time tending to the forest or excelling in archery.

P.S there is no abduction or incest or rape or any of the other disturbing stuff in Greek Mythology.