Chapter 7

Natsu may have been the number one god everyone was focused on at the party, but the number one goddess who had captured their attention was Evergreen the Goddess of beauty and desire. She was a highly attractive woman dressed both elegantly and provocatively, with eyes that could ignite any lust or desire in any man who looked into them. Ever since she first sprang from sea foam men god and mortal alike have wanted her. Her beauty was legendary and very few men could resist her. Natsu, Jellal, and Gray were the only exceptions.

She had tried to seduce all three of the brothers but Jellal loved Erza, Gray didn't have any interest in women, and Natsu...Well she just didn't think he was good enough for her. She found amusement in seducing men and taking advantage of them, she never loved any of them. Well there was one that she loved and that was Elfman the God of war. She didn't know why but he was the only man in the world who could make her heart pound and her legs weak in the knees. Yet even though Elfman held her heart, she was always seeking attention from other men.

"Oh Evergreen there is no one more beautiful than you." One mortal man said kissing her hand.

"Evergreen if you'll be my wife I'll give you all the riches of the world." One male god said.

Evergreen chuckled at how the men just threw themselves at her but then their attention was moved toward someone else and they left her.

"Where are you going? Excuse me, prettiest goddess in the world over here!"

But they didn't seem to hear her. Curious and slightly insulted she went to see what they were all looking at. They were gazing at the entrance to the party. Two goddesses were standing there. One was a fairly attractive brunette who carried a bow and arrows while several animals were at her side. Evergreen recognized her as Cana Goddess of the wild but it was the second one who had captured the guests attention.

Evergreen had never seen her before but she was quite beautiful and appeared to be quite shy also. She was Juvia Goddess of spring and Levy's younger sister.

"Why is everyone staring at me?" Juvia asked Cana.

"I don't know." Cana turned toward the party guests. "What are you all looking at? Haven't you ever seen a goddess before? Move along!"

The guests didn't mean any insult, it was just that aside from Erza, Cana, and the wood nymphs, none of them had ever seen her before. They were all stunned by her beauty but she possesed a different kind of beauty that none of them had seen in the other goddesses. It was not a regal and elegant beauty like Lucy's or an alluring and seductive beauty like Evergreen's or a mature and amazonian beauty like Erza's. Hers was innocent and pure, like a white lily in the spring.

Cana had feeling that a lot men would have their eyes on Juvia and Levy had asked her to keep an eye on her sister so Cana just edged Juvia over to the bar and ordered a couple drinks.

"Wine?" Cana offered the glass to Juvia.

"No thank you. I'm not much of a drinker." She declined.

"Suit yourself." Cana took a sip of wine. Just then several birds, rabbits, and squirrels started crawling up on to her shoulders. "Yes, yes, I love you too but not now."

She brushed the animals off of her shoulders.

"I swear Juvia I love these animals but they can be so clingy." She huffed. "Last week a fish tried to kiss me on the mouth."

Juvia laughed.

"I guess it's not easy being the Goddess of the wild."

"Yes especially at hunting season. I'm all for mortals hunting to eat but when they start hunting for sport I have to punish them so I'm as busy as a bee during hunting season."

"Sounds hard but it must be nice to be able to go out and explore all those forests and meet all those people. Levy never lets me leave the garden."

"Are you not happy there?"

"No I am but I want more. I want to see the world, I want to meet new people, and I...I want to fall in love."

"Well I don't blame you for wanting to see the world and meet new people but I don't think you should try to avoid the whole true love goal."

"Why not?"

"I had several boyfriends though we never went past kissing, in the end they all turned out to be jerks."

"Well they can't all be bad?"

"Why do you think I became a virgin goddess? It's because none of the guys in my life are decent. Not even my father, sure he loves me and all but he can't keep it in his pants if you know what I mean."

Juvia sighed. She knew that Cana wasn't the best person to talk to about love and relationships. True she was a good friend but like her sister Levy, she didn't want Juvia to get involved with men.  So she changed the subject, the two goddesses spent hours chatting while Cana kept drinking more and more wine.

"You sure you don't want a drink?" Cana asked her.

"I'm good really but I think you should stop. You've almost had the whole bottle."

"So? I'm not stopping after one bottle. Hey Juvia could you go ask Freed for some of his best liquor? He's the guy with the long green hair." 

"Alright but I really think you need to ease up on the alcohol."

Juvia got up from her chair and began searching for Freed. There were so many people here, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. It also didn't help that some of the guests were pushing and shoving her.

"Hey watch it!" One rude god shoved her.

"Oh excuse me." She said.

"Move along!" A rude goddess pushed her.

"I beg your pardon."

"Out of the way flower girl!"

She was then pushed so hard that she end up loosing her balance, knocking into someone, and falling to the floor.

"Hey!" An angered voice shouted.

Suddenly all noise stopped including the music and everyone became silent. Looking up Juvia saw that she had bumped into a very dark looking young man. Dark but so very handsome. She had never seen a man like him before, granted she had not seen many men in her life but she had a feeling that he differed greatly from all the men in the world.

Eventually she noticed the purple stain in his shirt and realized that she had caused him to spill his drink. She felt so embarrassed. Her first time at a party and she clumsily knocked into someone and ruined their suit. Though she wondered why everyone in the room had gone quiet. It was just a spill.

"I'm so sorry. It was accident." She said.

The young man just stood there looking at her with his serious eyes. She didn't know it but she had just bumped right into the god of the underworld. Everyone was shuddering with fear, believing that Gray was going to unleash some terrible wrath on the clumsy goddess.

"Uh-oh now she's done it." Juvia heard the guests whisper.

"She is so dead."

"I wonder which part of the underworld he's going to throw her into?"

After a moment of silence Gray finally spoke but he didn't sound angry at all.

"Are you hurt?" He asked her.

"No." She replied.

He held out his hand to her, she hesitated for a moment but then took it and allowed him to help her to her feet.

"I'm sorry about your shirt." She said. "I'll have it replaced."

"That's alright it's an old shirt. Not worth much."

"You sure?"

"Yeah no harm done."

"Okay. Thank you for the help, excuse me but I need to check on my friend."