Chapter 1 - Origins

"Hey," A brunette, otherwise known as Kosiru Ersoki and a father, suddenly spoke up and broke the silence in the room. Washing off his hands in the sink that was located in the kitchen and drying them off he continued his thought. "Why don't you try for UA?"

A phone clattered onto the coffee table in the conjoined living room/ kitchen. "What?!" A breathy yelp that could easily mistaken for a squeak sounding out a moment later. The young boy snapped his head to the side, his similar features open mouthed and bug eyed. Kosiru Hoku, son of Kosiru Ersoki and Natiku Delphi, with brown hair from his dad and green eyes from his mom.

"I mean, you do have more control over your quirk than any in previous generations," Ersoki reasoned, his brown eyes lighting up with just a hint of excitement as he rambled on. "Not to mention it's more powerful and versatile than before. I nearly got into UA when I tried, I'm sure you have a better chance. Plus with a quirk like ours it's perfect for heroics if there's enough power and control. Both of which, like I said before, you have without a doubt."

Before the man could continue anymore Hoku curled up on himself, hugging his knees to his chest as he whispered breathlessly, "How can you be sure that I'm ready for it? If I'm enough?"

Ersoki's eyes instantly softened into a fatherly glow, walking over to the paling boy and crouching down. Hoku flinched when a large hand was placed on his shoulder and the older lowered his voice a little to comfort him. "I know because you've worked hard to control your quirk when it went out of control. I know because you try hard in anything that comes your way. I know because, well call me conceited, you're apart of the Kosiru and Natiku bloodline. Just like your mother you're a fierce wolf in sheep's clothing, you just need to shed a little. You're the better product of me and your mother, something completely new. You will be the best at whatever you try, just decide soon."

Hoku slowly unraveled himself, taking a deep breath before speaking up a little, "When does training start?"

Ersoki gave his child a confused glance, "Hoku, you're not even eligible for two more years."

Hoku gave a shy yet sly smirk before becoming snark, "And?"

Ersoki gave a boisterous laugh after staring at his son for a moment. Hoku's smirk turned into a grin as he giggled along. "I like your spunk, kid. Shall we?" Ersoki stood back up, offering his hand to his son with a similar grin on his face.

Hoku quickly took his father's hand, the boy's hand getting engulfed easily. Green eyes met with brown, both holding an excited spark. "Let's bounce."

The eyes of the greenette who was currently tripping and about to fall flat on his face didn't move to acknowledge his demise. Suddenly a certain shy brunette darted forward, placing his hand on the other student's chest and activating his quirk. A bubbly brunette watched as the greenette was set back on his feet, the nervous boy jolting at the sudden change.

The bubbly brunette grinned at the other boy who shyly returned it. She started talking to both of the shy boys without missing a beat, "I was gonna use my quirk to help out but you beat me to it huh?" The boy, otherwise known as Hoku, nodded a little bit and let her continue. "Good thing too! Tripping on the first day would be bad luck! We better head in before we're late, good luck you two!" She walked away with a nod from Hoku and a stuttering mess from the greenette.

"Hey," Hoku froze up a little, turning his head and looking up from his short 140 centimeters to meet the greenette in the eyes. "T-Thanks f-f-for helping m-me," The other stuttered out. Hoku simply smiled at the other before continuing on his way, stuffing his shaky hands in his pockets and breathing out a shaky breath once he was inside.

Hoku could do this, he could do this. It's not like his quirk was fit for someone much more able than him. Much more experienced and effective. Much less nervous and less, just, useless. The boy dug his fingernails into his own hand to snap out of his thoughts. Taking a deep breath, he entered the auditorium and looked for his seat. He would be fine, absolutely fine. His dad was confident in him and so was his mom. He had been training all year and the one before that. He mastered his quirk and was going to do fine. He had to do fine. His dad had spent so much time with him and his training it would be insulting to let him down. It's not like his dad was going to disown him from not passing the exam, right? Surely his worth wasn't just measured in how good his quirk was or how well he used it, right?

Before Hoku could be sent into a panicking spiral the stage lit up with a wannabe rockstar with banana hair. "Everybody say hey!"

The wind outside could be heard if you listened hard enough.

Hoku started wringing his hands in his lap from nervousness for both himself and the adult on stage. "What a refined response. Then I'll quickly present to you the rundown on the practical exam! Are you ready?! Yeah!"

The silence in the room was suffocating for Hoku but the man onstage didn't let that stop him. "As it says in the application requirements, you listeners will be conducting ten-minute mock urban battles after this! After the presentation, you'll head to the specified battle center, okay? Okay?!"

The slightly louder scream caused Hoku to jump and nearly drop his card. Hoku quickly got a better hold of it and saw that he was in battle center C.

The announcer continued the presentation after calming back down, "Three different types of foe villains are stationed in each battle center. You earn points on each of them based on their level of difficulty. Your goal, dear listeners, is to use your quirks to earn points by immobilizing the faux villains. Of course attacking other examinees and any other unheroic acts are prohibited!"

"May I ask a question?" called a voice from the student crowd, the interruption in the mostly smooth performance causing Hoku to tense up a little.

"Okay!" The blonde quickly pointed to the voice, a spotlight shining down on them.

The blue haired boy with glasses covering his blue eyes stood up and continued his speech, "On the printout, there are four types of villains. If that is a misprint, then UA, the most prominent school in Japan, should be ashamed of that foolish mistake. We examinees are here in this place because we wish to be molded into exemplary heroes," Hoku was getting even more nervous just from the professionalism the teen his age was showing.

"In addition, you over there with the curly hair--" Hoku turned his head with the rest of the student body, frowning a little when he saw that the boy getting called out was the same one he had met this morning. "You've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting! If you're here on a pleasure trip, then you should leave immediately!"

"I'm sorry!" The greenette squeaked out, not that Hoku could hear him very well because of the distance between the two.

"Okay, okay, Examinee Number 7111," The announcer motioned for the boy to sit down. He must've memorized all of the examinee numbers, Hoku noticed numbly. "Thanks for the great message. The fourth type of villain is worth zero points. That guy's an obstacle, so to speak. There's one in every battle center-- An obstacle that will go crazy in narrow spaces. It's not impossible to defeat, but there's no reason to defeat it, either. I recommend that you listeners avoid it."

"Thank you very much! Please excuse the interruption!" The bluenette bowed before finally sitting down, the spotlight turning off in unison.

"That's all from me! Finally I'll give you listeners a present-- our school motto! The hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said: 'A true hero is someone who overcomes life's misfortunes.' Go beyond. Plus Ultra!" Hoku had a small grin on his face, instantly washing away with a flinch a moment later. "Now, everyone, good luck suffering!"

Hoku was absolutely screwed.

=====
Rip Hoku
Also rip any scheduling that may have been possible. As discussed on my other BNHA story this story will be updated rarely just bc of school and writer's blocks.
Anyways that's enough from me. Thanks for reading! This loving cool cat's out! :3 <3
Word count: 1427