Chapter 4 - Training begins

"S-So... t-t-that was j-just y-your q-q-quirks?" stuttered Hoku, looking at the two in front of him. One was a girl with auburn hair and light grey eyes who was covering herself with a blanket. The other had dark gray hair and dark grey eyes and was under a different blanket.

"Yeah, mine's Sparrow. Pretty basic, I can transform into a sparrow and I can gain wings. His is just turning into a mouse," The auburn-haired girl explained, biting her lip nervously after she finished speaking.

"U-Um..." The graynette tried to stutter something out. He had to clear his throat a little to get it to come out. "C-C-Can w-we s-stay? A-At l-l-l-least j-just f-f-for a-a b-bit?"

Hoku bit his lip, taking a deep breath before asking something, "D-D-Do y-you h-h-have n-names?"

"Nope," The girl popped the p, not making the situation better. "Nobody cared enough to give em to us."

"U-Um..." Thinking for a moment, Hoku's eyes lit up along with the figurative light bulb. "C-C-Can I-I call y-you E-Ena? I-I-It m-means s-s-someone w-who is g-graceful and p-passionate..." Tilting her head and thinking for a moment, the girl nodded. "C-Can I-I call y-you Ch-Ch-Chikao? I-It's f-f-for a c-clever a-and wise p-person..." After waiting a moment, the boy gave a hesitant nod. "W-Well... I-I guess those a-are y-your new names... W-Welcome to the family? I-If y-you w-w-wanna s-s-stay p-permanently o-of c-c-c-course! I-I m-m-mean, y-you d-don't h-h-have to but... I-I would like it if you stuck around..." Hoku trailed off a little at the end, his voice softer than during his panicked stuttering.

The newly named Ena and Chikao glanced at each other, shrugging before engulfing the boy in a hug. "We--"

"-- w-w-w-would--"

"-- love t-to."

"I am...

COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!"

Hoku jumped, not expecting for the number one hero to burst into the room. Although he was able to give a small grin moments later, the pro's energy even allowing the shy boy to lighten up a little.

"I teach Hero Basic Training," All Might explained, standing behind the podium with his usual grin. "It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units in this subject! Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today-- Combat training!" Unlike what most would think would happen, Hoku actually seemed a bit excited.

Combat, fighting, strategy? Easy as pie. When it comes to fighting, the only thing one needs to focus on is how and when to move and how long to do so. Perfect for Hoku's mindset and quirk.

"And to go with it are these!" The pro interrupted Hoku's miniature mental party, pointing to the wall that opened to reveal cases. "Costumes made based on your quirk registrations and requests you sent in before school started. After you change, meet in Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!"

Hoku walked beside Kirishima, letting out a small exhale before putting on his helmet. "They say the clothes make the man, young men and ladies. Be fully aware... From now on... you are heroes!" That simple word got Hoku's blood pumping, making him activate his quirk on his gloves and boots.

His costume was quite simple, just a black skin-tight suit with a biker helmet, gloves, and boots. Inside both the gloves and the boots, there were two small yet powerful springs and a small cube per. The springs allowed the cube to build up momentum, making a perfect area to gain extra momentum on his body even if he wasn't moving. There was also a mechanism on each hip and on his sternum and spine. The helmet calculated momentum automatically, making each object have a small 'counter' on it if he focused on it.